Spring into Spring with Slimming World

shala_moo
shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 20 March 2015 at 5:20PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish and all the Superfree food – is totally Free on Extra Easy!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Superfree Food!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Superfree Foods to half of your plate

OR

B: switch to more Speed Foods

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Red and Green plans can still be followed, however information/syns for these are no longer available in your main 2015 booklet.

Link to old recipe thread:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3032236

New Recipes

Loaded Potato Skins
Homity Pie
Minestrone Soup
Lentil & Bacon Soup
Pulled Pork
Red Pepper Houmous
Cheesy Chilli Fries
Lamb Tagine
Campfire Stew
Uses for Quark

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver or Durham_mim a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

Comments

• shala_moo
    edited 20 March 2015 at 5:05PM
    Brief Overview of Extra Easy SP - this takes over from the old Success Express for speeding up your weight loss or kick starting your loss if you've hit a plateau.

Please note that this is only a brief overview as we are not allowed to copy things off the website. Please refer to your books or the SW website for a list of free foods.

Extra Easy SP concentrates on Speed foods and Protein-rich foods

1 - Choose your Speed Foods and Protein-rich foods, ensuring at least half of your plate is speed foods where you can

2 - choose healthy extras - you can have 1 Healthy Extra "A" and 2 Healthy Extra "B" choices

3 - Choose your 5-15 syns as normal and enjoy

SW recommend following the Extra Easy SP plan for a week, if you continue with it then either add some normal Extra Easy days into the plan or add an additional Healthy Extra A choice to ensure you are getting enough calcium.

Speed foods are mainly vegetables and fruits (however, those high in natural sugars are excluded)

Protein-rich foods include lean meats, poultry, fish, meat substitutes, eggs, beans and pulses.

Here's a visual representation kindly provided by Tweets :D

splittle_zpsb6588c79.jpg

And some links provided by kim kim - the fopperholic one is most helpful I found.. the lady who runs it is a SW consultant/manager so her's will be accurate information.

https://fopperholic.wordpress.com/tag/slimming-world/

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/348340-extra-easy-sp-plan.html
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• shala_moo
    edited 20 March 2015 at 5:08PM
    List of Speed (S) and Protein(P) foods kindly provided by Tweets

10433128_10204188383604405_5992350502777403710_n.jpg?oh=62a55763d8dd90b8b5d19f12c4500886&oe=55330E22&__gda__=1429949492_4d74c28fc6b862a859e4bbf544d5f9c3

10384827_10204187918752784_7687863988667377570_n.jpg?oh=a84c58e9dd81791b794b43b9f6eb8f70&oe=55408172

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2015 at 9:38PM
    Woo hoo, first one to post after Shala :D

Thanks for the lovely new thread and for all the useful information Shala.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    I have put the kettle on so will make the :coffee:

All sit down on this wonderful new thread (thanks shala) while I make them :D

Welcome to the newbies :hello:
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OoOOh fabby a shiney new thread. Thanks shala
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thanks Shala. Didn't take me too long to find it.

Not away for the weekend now - some stupid lorry driver hit our wing mirror so had to return home. DH now got to try and sort it all out.

Denise
  • Cool new thread!

As for the difference between brands being lower syns, I noticed my old book always said things like "or own brand equivalent" so I've always took a similar own brand to be the same syns, but the app never agrees. Normally only a syn or so, not the end of the world.
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Oh I love a new thread!

My internets been down for nearly a week so I missed last week's weigh in. It was -0.5 for last week please Shala Not an impressive number, and this week isn't looking too good either. I've been exercising everyday and was very good food wise, but I feel like I've gained :eek:
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    thanks for the new thread shala :)

hugs to all that need one, hope things get better soon :grouphug:

hauled my lardy backside to a keep fit class this week, have to start getting active again, hopefully the weather will get a bit warmer so I can go walking again.. am too soft when its cold! :o

tried a new recipe from lifeline online tonight, beef goulash with tagliatelle, was very tasty.. https://instagram.com/p/0dZk_MmjWg/?taken-by=mich6611

will definitely do it again, would never have thought of serving cabbage with tagliatelle! here's the recipe.. http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/beef-goulash-with-tagliatelle.aspx
  • Mildredd
    Mildredd Posts: 775 Forumite
    Shala I was majorly disappointed by the eclipse me and him stayed in the car by nursery incase a zombie apocalypse occurred so we could grab mini n race to put safe place ;) we may watch the walking dead too much and have a little plan thought through including who is in and out of our family group

Mini currently has 3 Easter bonnet options I'm creating as I have competitive tendencies at times oops

Sw is on back burner I'm gonna go on Monday just to weigh in and try to reign it back in x

Me and my online by are today on 6 months since our very first proper date :) go me
    Started sw 02/09/13 - total loss so far -5st 1lb

New Year New You Challenge - /6lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family