Brabantia spare parts?

Anyone know if I can purchase spare brabantia bin parts online?
I need either the inner lid ring or a new lid for 1 40 litre flat back bin, the plastic part that the catch holds onto has snapped so the bin won't stay shut. None about on ebay. I bought the bin 2 years ago from Index when they were closing and i've no idea where my receipt is to claim under gurantee.

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    From Brabantia themselves?

http://www.brabantia.com/Data/PDF/Service_parts_Touch%20bin%2040L.pdf

If you have the bank/credit card statements that you had when you bought it then that could be used instead of the receipt as they have a 10 year garantee I think
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Thanks, I found that on Brabantia but although they have the details for the part there is no option to buy it online or where to buy it elsewhere online.
    On their t&cs it says the receipt must state the retailer and the product.

I'm gutted I paid £12 for it when index closed it will cost more than that for a part to fix it or £70 upwards to replace it.
  • tracy1_2
    tracy1_2 Posts: 283 Forumite
    FloFlo wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can purchase spare brabantia bin parts online?
    I need either the inner lid ring or a new lid for 1 40 litre flat back bin, the plastic part that the catch holds onto has snapped so the bin won't stay shut. None about on ebay. I bought the bin 2 years ago from Index when they were closing and i've no idea where my receipt is to claim under gurantee.

i got a whole new lid direct from brabantia without any proof of purchase by just ringing them up and explaining it was a gift. good luck
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    I have emailed Brabantia so will give it a couple of days and then phone. Thanks.
  • corriefan
    corriefan Posts: 79 Forumite
    I needed the same part so called them this week to see if I could buy it they no longer sell the collar only but the guy I spoke to asked me to look at my bin and tell him where the brabantia logo was after I told him he said it was still under the 10 year guarantee so would send a whole new lid out free of charge up to 28 days for delivery
  • salsa
    salsa Posts: 14 Forumite
    our catch snapped and we just nailed in a nail which now catches and keeps the bin closed - acts just like the catch and you wouldn't know the difference.
  • ckerrd
    ckerrd Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    tracy1 wrote: »
    i got a whole new lid direct from brabantia without any proof of purchase by just ringing them up and explaining it was a gift. good luck

I emailed and asked where I could get a new lid, as the cheap online place I had managed to get one before no longer did them. Without asking any questions they sent me a new on in the post. Marvellous service
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    I have posted about this before. I purchased one of these Brabantia 'touch' bins from the Co-op 7 years ago and the catch failed within a fortnight. I contacted Brabantia via their website and they sent me a new lid straight away. The catch on that also failed in a similarly short space of time. Contacted them again and they said they would send me a new catch to fit myself, but this failed to arrive. I finally wrote to them, very cross indeed, and asked for my money back. A cheque for the full purchase price came by return of post. We still have the bin, OH has taken the catch off and replaced it with a steel 'doorknob' style cupboard handle and we have to lift it to open. I think Brabantia CS are pretty fair really, so you should definitely give them a call. I think these bins, particularly the older models, have a fundamental design flaw. They must have cost Brabantia a bomb in replacements and refunds. I believe the newer style ones are OK?
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • donna-j_2
    donna-j_2 Posts: 467 Forumite
    I got a new lid, no questions asked, too. Brilliant service, but then they shouldn't break in the first place when they cost so much.
  • I had the same problem as everyone else – the catch on my Brabantia bin broke.

I called them on 0845 6024877, spoke to a friendly guy who confirmed that they supply new clips free, and he sent me two in the post within a couple of days.

Great bin, rubbish design of catch, but excellent customer service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure