Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    zippydooda wrote: »
    if your ever short changed, do you call the bank of england? no.
    you deal with the store.
    so hes right :D
    He was a she :p:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Thanks they are on my picks so I do get and extra 20% on gross price so 16 cans for £3.60. 22p each isnt too though
    Zippy the expert is here now, im sure he will help;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    The double up is usually advertised in advance Rose and will cover only certain categories....well it has previously eg Homeware, Taste the difference wines, Clothing etc:)

Thanks ill keep an eye out. Dont use Nectar much but now have £50+ on my card so might be good for Xmas goodies.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    cjj wrote: »
    Thankyou. Are you a financial advisor by any chance Anon, you are very good :rotfl: xx

No, just an avid switcher and saver, though rates are now rubbish for most accounts :(.

I am relying on switching bonuses to boost my returns now :).

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I managed to get OH to S, he put 2 x £10 in and said it was full. I told him to get out of the car and put another £10 in, and watched him. The kick went at £5+, he was ready to give up until I barked at him to continue and fill it up... it easily got to £10.

The into the shop, one lot of clothing returned, and a few new clothes buy, the lowest till split was 200 points. I think I am £200 up in points. I am keeping some clothes, but the rest are terrible... maybe I should have take more time choosing rather than just checking that it was over a £10!

lol.

Blimey, you are rubbish choosing clothes ;). Just wondering how you are going to return it all without drawing attention to yourself - one at a time?

Anon
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thanks they are on my picks so I do get and extra 20% on gross price so 16 cans for £3.60. 22p each isnt too though
    £5 - £1.40 = 22.5p per can. so yes your right. (max only) however thats a bit steep for an elite. :) but ok if your in need
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Was not going to take part in the Nectar thing but couldnt resist. So popped over ( 5 miles ) to my local and spent £47.00 fuel and £10.51 on shopping for mum. Got £22.50 points and Mums shopping and a full tank petrol. Does double up cover food aswell?

Many thanks to whoever brought it across. The power of the Elite.

Last query for Bubbs or Zippy. Packs pepsi on £3.50 each or 2 for £5,00 again at W again but seem to think last time they came out really cheap. Cant remember how much though??

Iceland have a crate for £6 (someone was buying several in front of me yesterday)... Just realised I had missed Iceland off my list of where I went.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5541886

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:go one you know you all want to.:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    pippo wrote: »
    Do you remeber that random coloured wool? DS still pulls a fce when he comes across his school photo wearing a 'shades of green' home made v - neck jumper:rotfl:

In the 70's we used to have a strip around the top of the arm.... if you were really posh you had 2!
  • Sunshinemummy
    edited 16 October 2016 at 7:17PM
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    The double up is usually advertised in advance Rose and will cover only certain categories....well it has previously eg Homeware, Taste the difference wines, Clothing etc:)

I had doubled up on clothing.... but the darn things did not fit.... refund card given!

zippydooda wrote: »
    if your ever short changed, do you call the bank of england? no.
    you deal with the store.
    so hes right :D

I would call the bank of england......... I rather fancy Mark Carney!
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Anon wrote: »
    Blimey, you are rubbish choosing clothes ;). Just wondering how you are going to return it all without drawing attention to yourself - one at a time?

Anon
    she could say she bought them for her daughter, and shes been locked up for arson :p
  • Sunshinemummy
    Anon wrote: »

Anon

I've already returned 7 items.... :D:D:D:D:D

I have tried everything on, and kept what I would wear (as I hate clothes shopping!)

I am having a cuppa and will put them in bags with the receipts... DS2 is going to return the ones that I had used a S refund card on... so I will only have one more trip back.

:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport