PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Zippy hope your rotten day gets off soon xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Uh oh to the rotten day zippy. I'm waving my finger muttering something similar to what Harry Potter would say in order to help the rotten toddle off. Hang in there zip.

I'm very excited for Nell Lyn. I would love, love, love to do that! DH has been fishing the Fjords and will never ever forget the experience.
  • alfsmum
    alfsmum Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hope you soon feel better Zippy :)
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 July 2017 at 10:55PM
    Hope your day got better Zippy:) I happened to read Fuddle's post just after I'd been finger waving and muttering too. Unlike Fuddle my mutterings would never have been uttered by Hary Potter:o

We had torrential rain here for most of the day - hubby came home to find two huge puddocks on the back doorstep. Not sure if they had been washed up there or were making their way to higher ground! He moved them to the field before I came home thankfully. I wouldn't harm them but not sure I could touch their cold damp bodies.

Just dawned on me - puddock is probably a Scottish term. The proper description would be toads I guess!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • cafelady
    cafelady Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hello! What does the title of this thread mean please? What are "T" words? Thanks :)
  • The 'T' is for TOUGH and there have been many incarnations of the tougher thread, latest is the GARDEN FENCE thread. This thread is a spin off from when there were a few problems on the tougher threads and started as an alternative just 'chatting amongst friends' thread and has stayed as gentle and friendly amongst us as the day it started, it's a lovely place to be!
  • cafelady
    cafelady Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thanks MrsL!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    sorry it's not like me to whinge! I had an operation on my shoulder on thursday then fell down the stairs really badly yesterday morning so all in all not a great few days

Off to catch up now! thank you for the kind thoughts (and PMS)

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ouch Zippy, that does not sound good, speedy recovery wishes.

Sorry that I have been MIA for a few weeks, have deliberately been keeping myself very busy and generally just letting the gentle routine of our lives wash over me and keep me sane. All is well with us, the dogs are happy & content now that the hotter weather has subsided, Capt S is busy with his clients accounts and I am perfectly happy catching up with friends, keeping on top of the house & garden and generally just enjoying my summer off.
    I have let it be known to my horsey friends that am on the look out for a new equine pal but will trust in dear old Bill to send the right one to me, at the right time.

Hope all is well with you all, exciting news on the allotment Fuddle what a dream come true it must be for you, am so pleased for you m'dear x

SM I am still patiently waiting for my tomatoes to ripen, certainly have plenty of green ones but suspect I will be making chutney at some point in the Autumn, who knows we may have an Indian summer and end up with a glut!

What a wonderful experience for Nell Lyn my darling parents did a cruise round the fjords years ago and were amazed at the beautiful scenery.

Right, better get on, have put beeswax polish on my wood and need to buff it in, only do it twice a year as it pongs a bit and have to have the windows open.

Love to all x
  • At the risk of being accused at one man (well tomato) upmanship I wish to report that simmering away on my hob at the moment is a Bolognese type sauce made with 1) Tomatoes from the green house, 2) fresh basil from the polytunnel, 3) courgette from the polytunnel, 4) fresh garlic from the allotment and 5) red onions from the allotment that were on their way up to seed!!! I also chucked in the last of last years home made cider.....do I get brownie points for being thrifty or thrown out for being boastful??? Smells lovely too and it's dull and dreary enough outside today to need the cheering up of the cooking.

There are currently a very noisy gang of roofers starting to put the membrane on the last of 4 very big houses that are being built just beyond the bottom of our garden, they'll be noisier when they're tiling it but thank goodness it's the last one, the scaffolders are even noisier so hopefully when this is finished even though there will be builders on site they'll mainly be working inside the shells and less obvious.

Poor ZIPPY, ouch, ouch, ouch M'dear, hope today finds you much less uncomfortable and cheerier, hugs, Lyn xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure