PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Comments

• In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    thanks all...mum ok and on the mend...hoping she will be home tomorrow. They were happy for her to come today but she was wary - I think the pain the other day has dented her confidence a bit. The staff laugh at us as we sit knitting like a pair of old farts!

Pippa poor you-that must have been awfully worrying for you all...anathetic does take time to get out of the body - last one I had took me a good few weeks to feel "with it" (some will argue Im still not right :)

Dp pixie have you got a piccy of hexagon jumper - Im intregued!

Does anyone have either of the beyond the square books? Wondering how they compare to the 100/101 books? - ie worth buying or not!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Hello ladies - in early this morning and promise I will make it short hmmm

isom - has the work thing gone wrong? - You have had a lot on your plate recently - take good care - hope Mum is improving and will be home soon xxx

pippa - how worrying for you over Mum - I thought they checked blood pressure on a regular basis?? And as for being de-hydrated that does not surprise me DH's Nan waited hours for a jug of water in the end FIL went and brought a bottle - I just wish they would check the basics like are they drinking enough - gosh when I was younger my Mum nagged me chronic (in fact she whispers she still does down the phone tee hee) - am hoping things get better from now on xx nice that you were knitting with one of the ladies xxx

salome - my sympathy with daughter and tooth am glad all mine are not with me anymore in some ways xxx

Right am off the house has developed "piles" just about everywhere - I could do with an indoor wheelbarrow to collect it all up
    Love and hugs to all xxx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all. I had no power for most of yesterday while electrical work was being carried out then, as soon as I had logged on to the internet, we had a huge thunderstorm, so I had to unplug the Livebox - it was not my day for communicating yesterday! As an added irritation, the tanking solution I had ordered from the UK (which we needed a few days ago!) has still not arrived, despite parcel tracking telling me that it is in the depot in Poitiers (just about half an hour or so away). I managed to contact online assistance yesterday and they promised to email me but, of course, I heard nothing. I've just spent another half an hour on online assistance and am still waiting for the email. Having spent £90 on the tanking solution, and a further £23 on shipping, it's starting to wind me up.

Anyway, rant over. On the plus side, I needed a Certificate of Conformity for my car as the final bit to it becoming French registered - it usually costs at least £100 (DH's Ford van cost £120!). I wrote to BMW (my car is 14 years old and still going strong) and they emailed me as soon as they got my letter to say the certificate is on the way, in French to make it easier for me, and no charge! What a brilliant result - it arrived yesterday so they got on with it as soon as they had received my initial letter. I was so impressed I had to email them back to thank them, for which they thanked me! Anyway, as you can imagine, I am delighted.

I managed to get a bit more done on my throw and hope to finish that later on today. Meanwhile, I have to move my desk and PC (again!) so that DH can start plastering.

Pippa - I hope your MIL is feeling a lot better now.

ISOM - hope you Mum can come home today.

Shez - (((hugs))) to your Mum.

Jean and DPixie - you'll remember that I was promised instructions to get my Livebox re-activated the next time it goes down. What they sent me is the initial letter you get when you first sign up; it's headed 'Vos identifiants de connexion' and shows all the details unique to you which you obviously tap in to reactivate the box. Hope this helps. If they send me anything else, I will let you know.

By the way, haven't heard from Jean for ages now, unless I have missed a recent post? Hope you are OK, Jean.

Hope you all have a great day - it's raining and very dull here but, apparently, is meant to be getting better from tomorrow.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Just to let you know ladies that I have just had a quick look on Innocent Smoothies website - it does look like they will be going ahead this year but they have said they are only having little hats this year (not the warmers or big hats etc) - they say more info to follow xx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • mioliere
    Thanks for that, Jaqui. I must confess that I'd rather do the little hats that any of other things! They're easy to pick up and put down, and use such tiny scraps of wool that they are a great way to use up all the oddments. Once you've done just a couple, you don't have to keep referring to the pattern!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• dpixie
    dpixie Posts: 315 Forumite
    morning all.

isom- will post a picture as soon as i work out how - any clues as to where the "how to" e-mail is these days. i have to say that the jumper is easy, peasy lemon squeezy - much easier than anything else. its a similar pattern to the squares that you made for your babette blanket, except you make hexagons rather than squares. i can talk you though it easily enough (now that i have made 8 of them).

kathy - i am well versed in the delivery nonsense - why cant people just deliver on time???

oh well, just back from the gp - she is very happy with my weight loss - which is great - and so all is well in my life for the moment. i am just waiting to go and collect my car - it is being serviced - i am sure i will be very unhappy when i get the bill.

anyway, washing, ironing and dishes to do, so must run.

have a fabulous day all.

dpixie
    1 oxfam jumper, 19 hexagon jumpers and 1 beanie!
    :)
  • dpixie
    hexagon jumper

/Users/dcristofoli/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/4 Jun 2010/IMG_2397.JPG
  • dpixie
    sorry about that - was trying to be too clever and paste a picture from my library - will look for the "how to" mail.

dpixie
  • dpixie
  • mioliere
    DPixie - gorgeous cardigans! I have seen the pattern somewhere and thought it looked difficult but, having seen yours, I shall definitely have a go at one!

I am, right now, talking to 'online live assistance' trying to track my parcel! It's been in Poitiers since Tuesday - I might as well go and collect it myself, it's only half an hour or so from here!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills