PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 21st October 2017

Options

Comments

• Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Morning all

Well a bit windy but no rain. I can't decide if storm Brian has visited or is yet to come.

DH off at 8am today. He is going to a model rail exhibition by train with his friend. The day starts with a spoons breakfast near Temple Meads and then it's hop on the train to Taunton. He has parked the car at my DD#s who lives near the local station and will jump on the train to TM saving parking fees.

Me? well I'm not doing much. Washing and housework up to date. I will put some mince in the slow cooker in a minute so we can have cottage pie for tea. DD is at a loose end this weekend so may pop round with DGS. Yesterday DH shopped for corn flour to make gloop for her and a pumpkin so I forsee activities going on at theirs today if the weather is bad.

Well coffee is calling and then the shower. Have a great Saturday all.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome Jenny and I'm sorry for your loss. I don't post every day but like to check in on everyone most days.

Dumpling, I'm sorry Becky and Phoebe are having a hard time, it's so upsetting when you think that you are getting better and then have a setback. I hope they feel a bit better again soon.

We had a couple of busy days, we enjoyed the motorhome show and have settled n the van we want.

Driving up there we had a call from Yorkshire to say the shed we had ordered was ready to be fitted and they wanted to do it the next day. We decided to carry on up there after the show because we keep all the basics up there. It was a horrendous journey and the satnav diverted us through Wilmslow and the Stockport area. It was bittersweet for us as we had lived in the area as newlyweds so we had lots of memories. It was just a shock to realise that it was almost 40 years ago, where does the time go?

Anyway the shed people turned up and they had made the wrong shed (it is being built to fit a specific place) so we just came home again, grr.

It's more annoying that I'd had a lot planned here for yesterday and it didn't get done, I've got Sis-i-L coming down for next week so I need to srt some things.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm a bit groggy today,I slept downstairs again with Lyladog due to more fireworks but I think perhaps they were Diwali ones rather than early Bonfire night.I also changed her food a week ago and I'm thinking it doesnt agree with her as she wanted to go out at 4.30.I cant get her usual food until Monday as we get it delivered.

Lame Wolf thanks for the adaptil suggestion but we tried one a couple of years ago to no avail.We also have a Thundershirt which helps a little bit,the best pills we have tried so far are zylkene which we got from the vet but you can buy them online from Pets athome £28 for 20 tablets :eek: for the large breed ones.
    In a bid to s t r e tch our pennies further,yesterday I made 8 jars of marmalade from one of those tins of pulp I've had in the cupboard for well over a year :D.Used half a jar up in some sticky chicken-the recipe asked for lemon marmalade but live dangerously I say :rotfl:.
    Also some home made houmous which has made loads from 2 tins of chickpeas,used a recipe from Jamie O's site.My friend made some the other week and kept saying never again as it was a faff but I found it no trouble- perhaps my recipe was better,and I did halve the amount of tahini.I've got pittas so that will do for starters/snack for a couple of days as we all love it,especially DGD who is due later.YS sausage & mash for tea I think.
    I cleaned all the upstairs carpets too-don't know what was up with me yesterday :rotfl:Need to pick up some basics later but I think I'll have a quiet morning with my book until DGD arrives.

Dumpling hope the girls feel better soon,hugs .
    The wind is getting up here now,so stay safe everyone x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Before I go any further, welcome to our new poster, nice to see you here. They are a very supportive bunch who post on here.

Hester, glad you survived your first day as a lady of leisure!!!! I hope you enjoy the U3A.

OH was up before me, it was 9am when he woke me with a breakfast tray, have just made it up now, he is out in the garden. Its a sunny morning, but quite windy, wish I had put a load in the washer overnight, it will have to wait now until next week.

No plans for the day, will just see how it pans out. No idea whats for supper either. I have a couple of chicken pies in the freezer might get them out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Someone give me a kick I need one. Stuff to do and all that.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, sorry afternoon all.
    We have storm Brian :(. I had a good sleep last night but I feel rough this morning. I just can't get warm and am coughing and sneezing again. I am still working through my list of chores but very slowly. I have stripped the bed and will remake it this afternoon. I will also dust and hoover the bedroom and if that's all, so be it. I wanted to do some baking too, but I don't feel up to it. Had such great plans for today.
    I know I am not firing on all cylinders because I am craving tomato soup, so will have that for lunch in a mo.
    Yesterdays tea turned out to beef goulash, but I think it was a bit too rich for my tummy and had to take some of my medication, so plain pie and chips for tea today.
    Hope everyone stays safe and warm and hugs to all those who would like one or need one.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=autlUlomFPk
    For all our frightened of fireworks pooches 😩No idea if it works, but am trying it with my two anyway xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    blowing a gale here, worse than storm Ophelia. :(
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Candygirl that looks to be the same principle as a Thundershirt. It's so difficult if you have a dog who is fazed by fireworks. We've had a few nervy guests over the years; we generally find that putting something fairly noisy but familiar to the dog on in the lounge helps - pc games as a rule, as we play them almost every day, so any dog staying here quickly gets used to the sound.

In the meantime I'll send calm-dog vibes as needed; it can't do any harm. :o

I have a 16-year-old Golden retriever, Meg, staying at the moment. She's surprisingly sprightly for her age; she's on medication for arthritis, but she's able to nip in and out of the back door to access the garden easily enough.

I'm glad of a quiet guest to be honest, as I'm still a little dazed after my head tried to occupy the same portion of the space-time continuum as the writing desk flap on Wednesday. :cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's been raining here all day, not too cold and not too windy. There are puddles of water everywhere and the fields are flooded.

My day has been one of chucking things out! :j The old printer is now in the hall waiting for a new home. I might offer it to the computing students or just take it to the recycling shop in Oban. New printer is sitting nicely on the windowsill.

I haven't cooked the chicken sausages, they're in the freezer. I took some belly pork out of the freezer and have had that with some savoy cabbage with a sprinkling of caraway seeds. Now I'm replete!

All's well here, hope it's the same for everyone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure