PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Southantrim, no, you're quite right. The thing is, though, that people are becoming conditioned to accept these things as part of everyday life, whether that's intentional or just incidental. Witness the business on the Tube last year that my girls were caught up in; more than 20 Tube stations evacuated & closed, streets gridlocked, & nothing moving northbound on the main lines for 4 hours, and apparently that was just down to "overcrowding" and is an almost-everyday event. We were living up there during the !RA bombing campaign and it certainly wasn't like that then. The infrastructure must be creaking at the seams and close to bursting, but it's happened quite gradually, so people really haven't noticed that things seem to be going downhill quite rapidly.
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 June 2017 at 12:58PM
    Options
    I don't think you are being a drama queen southantrim. So many bad things seem to be happening just now, I am almost frightened to switch on the news. As for our government, I know Theresa May won't have many friends on these boards, but, along with the party political infighting and Brexit looming, I have to wonder just how much a leader can take. I wonder if she regrets taking the reins?
    Years back I read a theory (on some crazy website) about time speeding up with a graph showing how major events previously spread over many years were now being replicated in a shorter and shorter time span. It's probably all nonsense but that is how it is beginning to feel.
  • loveabargain2014
    Options
    Help! I cant see how to post a new thread. I need help with an American visa app and I think Ive filled all my details in on a shyster site. Not paid anything but worried about my information! Mega newbie here. Even watched a Youtube about posting and still non the wiser! Why is it so complicated on here :(
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Options
    Help! I cant see how to post a new thread. I need help with an American visa app and I think Ive filled all my details in on a shyster site. Not paid anything but worried about my information! Mega newbie here. Even watched a Youtube about posting and still non the wiser! Why is it so complicated on here :(
    Don't worry! It's complicated because its so big, there are literally thousands of posters on here at any one time. Follow this link: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28
    That should take you to the Travel Board of this forum. There's a list of 5 sub-boards, and immediately underneath that, there's an oblong blue button saying New Thread. Push that, follow the directions, and you'll be starting a new thread on that part of the forum. They'll help you, hopefully :)
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Options
    Seems to me your issues would fit in several different sections. You could simply go to Discussion and click on New Thread.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    Here we go with another vehicle attack. Personally I wouldn't file it under terrorism but at the very least it means the likes of ISIS are winning.
    To my mind, it's a terror attack because it's indiscriminate violence aimed against ordinary people just going about their business. It comes from the opposite wing of individual politics from ISIS, I should think, but that doesn't mean it's not terror.
    Save
  • Karmacat
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    I don't think you are being a drama queen southantrim. So many bad things seem to be happening just now, I am almost frightened to switch on the news.
    I noticed the same thing last week, pineapple, absolutely.
    Years back I read a theory (on some crazy website) about time speeding up with a graph showing how major events previously spread over many years were now being replicated in a shorter and shorter time span. It's probably all nonsense but that is how it is beginning to feel.
    The velocity of events, like the velocity of money, yes! It's certainly not a summer of no-news, is it :(
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Don't worry! It's complicated because its so big, there are literally thousands of posters on here at any one time. Follow this link: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28
    That should take you to the Travel Board of this forum. There's a list of 5 sub-boards, and immediately underneath that, there's an oblong blue button saying New Thread. Push that, follow the directions, and you'll be starting a new thread on that part of the forum. They'll help you, hopefully :)
    Save

and in the meantime - this is the correct site if you need an ESTA rather than a full visa. I've just renewed mine for the grand sum of something like $14
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Even better :j
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Apparently the malware attack originated in North Korea, but last I read (a few days ago) it was thought it could simply have been a moneymaking venture that got out of hand, as none of the Bitcoins paid into the requested account had been retrieved.

It is a horrible time though. I find myself waiting for the next thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure