NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Options

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow calling that 18 months seems to have gone so quickly. Although I'm sure it has seemed far too long from your point of view.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fmess wrote: »
    Wow calling that 18 months seems to have gone so quickly. Although I'm sure it has seemed far too long from your point of view.

Time has just flown by and to be honest got used now to her being away as she has worked for yr in Disney before this. Can't wait for a hug though.

Quick check in from me as my half day today, hopefully my boss putting back up my fallen down washing linen and fence boards :D

Done online food shop so will count that in spends today, food cupboard so low.

Will try and get some steps in after food delivered and jobs done. Will have to tidy garage - got to dangerous stage to go in there. As its nice day perfect day for throwing everything outside and major sort out.

Last night was spent with friend her old doggy on its last legs I fear. Made her come out for a walk minus dog just to take her mind off it for a while. Seemed a night for bad news off everyone, one of my old dog walking friends in hospital having treatment for throat cancer and another at the end of his life with cancer, he is in a bad way.

Anyone got any happy news.

Grateful for
    Good health
    Nice home
    Sun has got his hat on - just wish my eyes would stop itching :rotfl:
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Minimal Lidl shop done. Avoided temptation which was great.

Been to the gym and walked 7 dogs. I'm soaked and filthy. I feel brilliant but I need a shower.

I must remember to do my mindfulness this afternoon. I'm hoping it will help with the anxiety.

Gratitude:

1) DH for grovelling suitably for having forgotten my birthday yesterday and apologising with flowers AND HM tiramisu.

2) DH again for reassuring me that my job worries are not the end of the world. What is important is I am sober and we have each other .

3) My wonderful friend for being there to listen when I rant and complain about work which she doesn't understand.

4) The sun - which has just come out again.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 June 2017 at 2:07PM
    Options
    Big hugs to everybody who has a hard time just now or gives support to loved ones in difficult situations.

I'm quite guilty of trying to ignore/blank all bad news but the recent events in London really got to me. Terrorists attacks are still kind of abstract/distant/hard to comprehend but a fire in you home like that.....

Anyway,

had a good run (best in a while) and on day two of intermittent fasting which seems to work for me better then the 4:3 or 5:2. Basically, just one rule. Don't eat between dinner and 1pm (after my training) every day. Then eat a healthy diet (for me with all the calories as not for weight loss). I function fine so far, training surprisingly good (thought I would faint or sth without eating beforehand). And I then really look fwd to a big lunch and dinner. Also if I now finish off the kids tea or snack after work it's ok as I need the calories anyway.

Sorry slightly off track. Another SFD today. Probably not tomorrow or Sat as we want to start some work on the garden that we put off for two/three years now.

Tonights tea for the grown ups will be home made diner kebabs (basically a tasty slow cooker meat loaf cut into thin slices) with spicy sauces etc.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just back from attending my cousin's funeral and quickly catching up. So much bad news so hugs to everyone. Like everyone else I am horrified by the fire in London.
    Will post tomorrow when I get myself a bit more together.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Things have taken a turn for the worse for me. I don't want to hijack the thread or detract from the tragedy in London but I have been signed off work for a month with stress, anxiety and depression.

This means the spirit of NST is all the more important. It is important I keep my costs to a low, as I will be on a reduced income, and it is important I do gentle exercise to try and lift my spirits so I will still try to keep up with my walks and cycles.

I think I am up to 3 NSDs this month but will have to check. My spending gets out of control when I am down so I am hoping it will ease off now that I am addressing the problem.

Good luck to all and take care all of those who need care.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Florence
    There are lots of people here who will completely identify with your situation and will give you support.
    You take care and be kind to yourself.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Look after yourself, Flo. I'd say: eat well, eat lots of veggies, avoid sugar, drink loads of water, and allow yourself some dark chocolate. And use Headspace - youcan get 10 days of it for free. (And don't beat yourself up on the bad days). Take time to 'get better', and be able to function x

FBO and Toni's - I'd say the same to you guys too! And CCL, fmess, mothernerd, Calling, abundant... Heck, if I've missed you off the list, quote it and add yourself at the bottom - no turtle gets ignored on here.

Lots of hugs to all of you.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Duncans been to the vets today for his wormers and flea stuff. Mentioned the two instances (the fainting & the spots) and vet seems to think all is okay and admitted if I'd have took him in after his spots had gone down they wouldn't have been able to diagnose him.
    NSD as we're in the pet club, a monthly fee means all his wormers, flea stuff, check ups etc are free. Well worth the £12.50 a month. It's already paid itself off with all the injections, micro chipping etc you need for a puppy.

Confirmation of house completion date of 10th July! 25 days away!! Cannot wait!

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]NSD's 9/20 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]3 exercise sessions a week 1/3 Still on one run.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extra fitness session 10,000 daily goal. Only a measly 5000 today, what with rushing across back town to the vets after work[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif].
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Reject consumerism Rejected![/FONT]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy 25 day countdown, raphael!

Today I am grateful for good weather, for spending time with some great kids, for making a decision about something that has been nagging me, for dd loving taekwondo, for dh being able to be paid for some work, for my timetable for next year being okay, for getting a sandbag workout done, for the joy of feeling clean after a scrub in the shower, for catching 8 buses today for £4.50, for fresh rasps.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure