Sky subscription "credit crunch" offer

Comments

• Just tried this but with no luck so our cancellation was taken and put through.
    Suppose we will just have to sit and wait to see if anything is offered in the 30 days, if not then will phone and ask what they can offer to tempt us back if not then freeview will have to do for us for now.
  • Big thanks to the poster of this tip!

Have broadband/telephone and tv (2 packages) with sky - £28/month. Called sky yesterday told them struggling with credit crunch and had offered from Virgin. They offered me free line rental (normally £10/month) for 12 months and 1 package (the KIDS one is all I need!) for £3 for next 3 months. £165 saving!
    :T
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Can anyone explain the bare bones of what we must keep with regards to sky+ and multiroom? Kids have a sky box in the playroom and we have sky+ in the living room.
    We currently have everything but the sports, with sky+ and the extra multiroom bit so that is what £48 a month? We would like to switch to skytalk and we already have free sky broadband, we only really want to keep the kids channels and sky plus (I heart sky plus!) but i'm not sure how the multiroom will be affected?

sorry for this garbled nonsense, lol.
  • if you ring up and say find too expensive they try hard to keep you by offering deals.these are usually for three months.
    :starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod:
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    what non 0870 number do you guys call to get these offers?
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    mutley74 wrote: »
    what non 0870 number do you guys call to get these offers?

I called 01506 831006 and said I would like to cancel
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tunnel wrote: »
    buy yourself a motorized sat system,you can buy a "legal"subscription for a foreign network at less than half the cost of SLY'S yearly cost,including movies,sport....etc etc.I've had one for years now,much better value for money.
    Oh! sounds interesting....how do i go about doing this??!!, thanks in advance :)
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • excellent thanks OP
    Hating Hastings Direct!
  • nihcaj
    nihcaj Posts: 59 Forumite
    tunnel wrote: »
    buy yourself a motorized sat system,you can buy a "legal"subscription for a foreign network at less than half the cost of SLY'S yearly cost,including movies,sport....etc etc.I've had one for years now,much better value for money.

What Foreign network? What sort of movies sport etc, and what language? Does it mean something on 1m plus dish size? Plus there is no guarantee that we will have the right line of sight. There is certainly ZILCH that is worth the effort on the non-Sky free channels, (Using a 60cm dish, when away on holiday with the caravan and with 100% line of sight!) I hadn't been aware there was anything I might want on their subscription options either.
    I can download movies, I already have Freeview in the bedroom, I don't watch sport at all, but it is Sky1, and programmes in the 240 to 260 & 520 to 540 Sky channels ranges that there is no easy alternative to, so like it or lump it, it is Sky or nothing for me :-(
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Best foreign network around at the minute is Digitalb,you can use a sly dish but it would need re-aligning to 16E not 28E where sly is,cost:-about £300ish to include card and receiver,films-in their original language,ie if its an english speaking film...english,football has english commentary,theres kids channels and documantaries,oh and adult(not to be confused with the tame stuff on sly)big plus is its now available in HD,ok you have to pay for it in one go but work out what you pay for sly over a year for the same thing and its a major saving
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure