tax free child Care and vouchers : transitioning

Hi,

I understand that the bee tax free childcare (TFC) arrangements are coming into effect between now and early 2018.
Those with youngest children should be first in line, and for families with 2 working parents it means a saving of £2000 per child, compared to £950(ish) per parent on the childcare vouchers (CCV). So a lot better.
However one cannot be in both schemes at once .

Our 2nd child is due in a month. Wifey and myself work.
Questions I want to understand are :
1)How do I apply to be part of TFC? If by invite how do I get invited? I should be among first in queue according to published prioritisation criteria.

2) you can't do both once . Can you do both in the same tax year?

3) if you do both in the same tax year, does this stop you getting the full £2k benefit for each child in that year?

4) when can you start paying in to TFC in respect of each child? Presumably, funds accumulated during maternity leave can be carried forward and used later, including in following tax year?

5) with 2 children do we need to ring-fence funds paid in for each child? Or does the 2nd child simply mean we have a bigger total allowance which we can use for either or both children as we need to and see fit?

6) who is responsible for administering TFC? So that I can write to them and get answers to all these questions?

Any thoughts??

With potential £2k per year saving, it is worth some effort to get it right. That would pay most of the cost of a family holiday

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport