Investec not on comparison sites

Options
I am looking at 1 year fixed rate savings. Investec at 1.85% looks pretty good but I cannot find them listed on MSE, GoCompare, MoneySupermrket or other sites. Anyone know why? I asked Investec and they couldn’t offer an answer. Could it be because they have a high minimum investment? Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am not sure those sites always always show a comprehensive list of all organisations, certainly MSE don't but This Is Money usually do and they are absent now. In short I dunno

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1621507/Best-savings-rates-Fixed-rate-accounts.html
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    They are on MoneySupermarket and Moneyfacts. The "best buy" tables on comparison sites tend to be based on a £1,000 deposit so you need to go the search functions and change the amount.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • Ian_C34
    Options
    Thanks AirlieBird. I will check it out. Bit naughty that you can miss the best deals by relying on the sites to list all providers.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ian_C34 wrote: »
    Bit naughty that you can miss the best deals by relying on the sites to list all providers.
    Commercial sites (especially those spending mega-pounds on TV) will list providers who pay them to be listed.

Have you looked at the various sites that 'recommed' traders for electrical, plumbing etc worrk........? Would you really 'trust' those?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    Commercial sites (especially those spending mega-pounds on TV) will list providers who pay them to be listed.

Have you looked at the various sites that 'recommed' traders for electrical, plumbing etc worrk........? Would you really 'trust' those?

Only those which have 'Trust' or 'Trusted' as part of their name:D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ian_C34 wrote: »
    Thanks AirlieBird. I will check it out. Bit naughty that you can miss the best deals by relying on the sites to list all providers.

Comparison sites do not list all providers or products. They are not there to benefit you. They are there to be paid by those companies that pay them to be listed.

You should not rely on comparison sites as a source of quality or whole of market information.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many companies in different fields are happy to maintain a low profile. Rather than spend large sums on promotional activity. They are happy to build their business up slowly and upon recommendation. Being top of a best buy table has it's pitfalls. Not least a deterioration in customer service levels. What takes years to build can be undone in minutes. Given the propensity for people to resort to social media these days to vent their frustrations. .
  • firestone
    Options
    more known to me for there funds so will take a look at their savings products as its not like there a little company.But could be the comparison sites look more to banks or a building society
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure