Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PlumbingTheDepths
    • By PlumbingTheDepths 6th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PlumbingTheDepths
    Energy supplier - date of birth
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    Energy supplier - date of birth 6th Dec 17 at 2:11 PM
    Hi,
    I will contacting an energy supplier soon to set up an account.

They tend to ask for a date of birth, but I generally try to give out as little sensitive information as possible (especially in these days of high profile hacks), so I'm tempted to refuse or give a fake date.

However, because this is an energy supplier, and therefore credit related, is it potentially problematic to do so?

I have seen comments elsewhere suggesting that this could trigger fraud flags.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Page 2
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 14th Dec 17, 1:38 AM
    • 26,238 Posts
    • 10,477 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    You should have asked at what age the discount applies and said i was that age yesterday

EDF here and nothing on my file. If they do i will phone and ask why my dads electric bill is on my file.

Far too much information being shared these days and its only there to be sold on.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,254Posts Today

7,607Users online

Martin's Twitter