DFS Complaint Result...

Comments

• Yes I am having probs too bought my suit is was delivered last May 2012 the Dynasty...should have been desperation as this does not live up to its meaning... one seat on the sofa was all lopsided to sit on and got worse as a couple of months went by the chair was sinking fast too we are two OAPs no kids jumping around on it so it is been treat with respect...so DFS sent an upholsterer he slit the bottoms of the covers underneath both items stuffed foam in one cushion of the sofa and stuffed the chair also patched the bottoms up...that night I thought I would have a lie down on my sofa only to quickly get up again I was in torture from the ridge of foam that had been stuffed into my sofa....my husbands chair?...OMG he feels as though he is tipping out of it ...and now the pouffe one of the feet is split I would say it had been split and slyly glued together... shoddy goods is not the word...of course we have these silly men coming in our homes telling us there is nothing wrong its not a design fault ...whaty a load of crap spews from there mouths its shoddy goods! I have escalted my complaint to higher levels I have had contact from Santander who were very polite but as for DFS not even an appology.. oh buyers beware one of the chaps who came to my house lay on my lounge floor and said this...'the furniture is not made to last as it was once, because the younger generation like to change them' so see if any salesman with tell you this when you go to buy...now with my sofa one seat is way higher than the other two so when you sit along side of anyone you either look up or down to them....my son and his friend both musicians at Christmas have made up a song about this suite called Dumb 'F'n Sofas my daughter videoed it it was done to cheer me up about the whole situation and to try and make light of the fact that one was sitting higher than the other I know they will upload it to youtube if I don't get any satisfaction with this. Well who can blame them. Oh and one manager said we can put it back to the way it was I'm speechless....I have asked for my money back as I have given them the chance to deliver a good suite and second I have given them the chance to repair it...I can't be violated by this comapny any more why should I trust them again when they have treat me like this...:mad:....I praise shops when they get it right but also complain if its wrong...I wish Reids furnture was still been manufactured I had a suite from them for 15 years my two children jumped slept danced on it and it never faultered so PLEASE Reids :A:T come back we need you for your expertise in producing good quality Scotish/ British made Furniture it was the creme de la creme.. this what we have now is nothing but rubbish! wish I had kept the Reids and got it upholstered...this would be my wish.
  • Wow, you made a lot of points there. Phew.

Ok for the fact that seats are higher - is that not just because he has put more foam in them? Surely its a case of adding some to the other two and that will balance it out.

No sales guy in any shop will tell you a negative because they want to sell it, that's the sales industry. Though it goes without saying (I think) that ANYTHING is not as good as it used to be. Though its a lot cheaper than it used to be.

In regards to your money back I assume you mean give them the suite back or are you just wanting your money and keeping the suite - I hardly think that's going to happen, you never know but I don't think so.

Whilst a youtube video may be fun I'm not entirely certain how many DFS employees search themselves on YouTube so I can't see it being a major issue.

Your best bet is going to be to get the upholster out again let him pad the other two seats and talk to a manager about money off or a refund but at least then you can sit at level heights :D
  • samy49
    samy49 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 January 2013 at 3:25PM
    Well really wished that I had read this before setting foot in that store!
    I went in and purchased on July 21st last year, thankfully on credit with santander, so they will be my next port of call!
    The sofas were due w/c 24th september, called them that week and was told that the were having problems matching the leather as they dont use that leather very often. it was plain chocolate brown! So at the point of delivery it wasn't even made. I then started chasing every week, after a further month, I wrote a strong letter of complaint. I got a stammering call from the manager to apologise and that he would personally keep me up to date. He rang me at the beginning of november to day that they would be in the country the following monday (they come from Spain!) I got rid of my old sofa to a charity on the monday. Monday afternoon I got a call to say that the sofas had missed the ship!

I told him in no uncertain terms that this was unacceptable and that I had nothing to sit on. They agreed to lend me a sofa and chair after much wrangling. The loan furniture turned up and it smelt of mould, i had to wipe the whole thing over with bacterial wipes to get rid of some of the smell.

Finally at the end of November my sofas arrived, now 8 weeks on and I have had to ring them as one of the cushions has split and I have very little padding left in the seats. They are coming to inspect next week, if I get no joy then i shall be ringing santander and will get rid of the samn things! DO NOT BUY FROM DFS unless you like to be ripped off!

Update: Indipendant inspector has come out wearing a DFS uniform! Arm on sofa has collapsed too, board has totally cracked. The rips in the seat and the flat cushion are apparently my fault as I am not sitting square in the seats! I didn't see that disclaimer when I brought the damn things. Santander were useless and told me that the shops can do as they please (indian call centre!) they refused to put me through to someone who may understand UK consumer law. Now waiting for DFS store manager to ring me back. Any ideas please guys....NEED HELP!!
  • Mahlooji
    Mahlooji Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 25 November 2014 at 11:06PM
    If this post can help and deter people purchasing from DFS than I would not feel as bad as burning 3K on furniture’s bought from this con trader.
    Due to a chronic bank pain and my husband suffering from sciatica and being a loyal customer for over 20 years, we decided to change our furniture to something more comfortable.
    We were advised by 2 Advisors at DFS Croydon and directed to their sale items and recommended that instead of the normal 3 piece suite which would have cost us just under 1k to spent over 3k and buy swivel chairs.
    From the moment these items arrived, we knew they were unstable and unsuitable, we fill in an after sale survey, received a call and complaint that this was just not suitable for us.
    We suggested we were happy to pay for them under the Finance Agreement in exchange of what we should have purchased in the first place.
    Had a home visit arranged, were verbally insulted by the DFS Fitter and asked him to promptly leave our house.
    After sending the CEO Ian Filby, [Removed] several emails which he completely ignored, I was unfortunate enough to deal with Matthew Howarth, Customer Services Manager, [Removed] who in our opinion is wasted doing that job since he has no clues in how to deal with Customers in a courteous manner.
    To cut the story short, we have has to cancel our Direct Debit with the Finance Company since DFS refuses to pick up the items since in Matthew’s words he is not prepared to lose out and neither are we.
    He also refused to exchange the items so that we can have something much more suitable cheaper so that we would honour our agreement with the Finance company and continue paying the full price, but oh no that was unacceptable too.
    My Statutory Rights have been broken in more ways than one.
    Their Sales man intentionally misled us with this sale when we advised him of our back issues and informed us that he has had customers with back issues who were happy with their swivel chairs, because he was only interested in the sale and his commission and we trusted him having never owned swivel chairs before.
    For us these furniture’s are a health hazard since they are unstable as you try and stand up and the back is not firm.
    Under The Trade Description Act, which was added to by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations in 2008, it is a criminal offence for any company to describe goods falsely which is what their sales man did, for these furniture’s are unsuitable for people with back problems.
    I would ask customer not to waste their time and money buying anything from DFS, you will not only be ill advised, and they treat you like !!!! after the sale and have no respect for you.
    I have involved the Furniture Ombudsman and hopefully the matter will go to Court for we are having none of this, we have been loyal to DFS for over 20 years which means absolutely nothing to them.
    In return, they have no only lost us as a customer, I have stopped family and friends purchasing from them and to my calculation we are talking about thousands.
    It’s about time these greedy dodgy traders understand that the Customer is always right contrary to what they believe.
    :eek:
  • oldoakey
    oldoakey Posts: 146 Forumite
    jayjay46 wrote: »
    :A:T come back we need you for your expertise in producing good quality Scotish/ British made Furniture it was the creme de la creme.. this what we have now is nothing but rubbish! wish I had kept the Reids and got it upholstered...this would be my wish.

We are here selling good quality British manufactured leather and fabric suites, we have been here all along, who are we?

Quality Independent furniture retailers check them out in your local area before you go into the likes of DFS and get ripped off as many of you do just for the sake of interest free credit.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    oldoakey wrote: »
    We are here selling good quality British manufactured leather and fabric suites, we have been here all along, who are we?

Quality Independent furniture retailers check them out in your local area before you go into the likes of DFS and get ripped off as many of you do just for the sake of interest free credit.

Just because DFS have poor customer service does not mean that any other furniture retailer will be any better.
  • oldoakey
    oldoakey Posts: 146 Forumite
    Just because DFS have poor customer service does not mean that any other furniture retailer will be any better.

Ridiculous answer
  • bukko
    bukko Posts: 138 Forumite
    oldoakey wrote: »
    Ridiculous answer

That happens a lot on here I'm afraid!
    You'll probably see a few people say that it helped them as well.
    Still, if it makes them feel important...
  • Brenda123
    Brenda123 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought a three piece suite from dfs on line, with gliders that cost me £45 all on 4 years 0% finance Barclays are the finance people, they have already paid DFS the full amount and I am now paying them monthly, I decided to send the two armchairs back and was told that I could exchange them for a winged one, if I go to one of their stores and find one that I liked which I did and spoke to the service manager in web sales and sorted this out it was delivered on the 31/05/16 for the sum of £579 then I noticed a stain on the back cushion only noticed it a few days later, and also the cushion that i sat on started getting very badly marked it is not very comfortable either, I sent them an e-mail stating this, I had two services managers come out on two separate occasions telling me that it was the fabric which I didn't agree with, it was then i decided to e-mail Ian Filby the CEO of DFS at head office I got a call from someone the next day saying that they were going to send out a shop manager and what he says would be the final decision and he is also from the same showroom as the two service managers that came out to me, the saga continues he is due to come out on Monday the 22/08/16.
    I just wish i had read these posts before i decided to purchase these from DFS.
    Will let you know what happens. :money:
  • I have had exactly the same problem with our corner suite. They are saying there is no fault with the sofa but clearly is. It looks 10 years rather than 10 months and I have been complaining since it was only 2 or 3 months old.
    I will be contacting finance company as soon as possible

Thanks for this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family