IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Why bother replying to an IPC member at all?

My understanding from the newbies thread is that all IPC member parking charges are going to be refused at their own internal appeals and then refused again at the IAS appeal.

Why then even bother replying to the NTK asking for the information requested in the Template appeal for IPC membersfrom the Newbies thread? What would you do with that information anyway?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    depends what they reply with , as each has their own procedures, but its evidence gathering so you can decide if this is a sc@m or a real invoice, because there shoul be more particulars of the alleged debt on it

as for the shy ?

its so you can show a judge you tried to deal with the demand for money and they failed to engage or to persuade you that a debt was owed

judges donlt like people ignoring paperwork as it means they have to adjudicate like a headmaster or referee when court should have been avoided if at all possible and court has only been used as a last resort due to deadlock
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    Forumite
    Because it shows you have tried to engage to resolve the issue. Judges don't like cases where there have been no attempts to sort things out in advance of it getting to their courtroom.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Reue
    Reue Posts: 569 Forumite
    That makes sense. So it's a case of appealing with the template response, waiting for their inevitable rejection and then ignore ignore ignore unless actual court papers arrive?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    Forumite
    Reue wrote: »
    So it's a case of appealing with the template response, waiting for their inevitable rejection and then ignore ignore ignore unless actual court papers arrive?
    Sums it up in one sentence.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Reue wrote: »
    That makes sense. So it's a case of appealing with the template response, waiting for their inevitable rejection and then ignore ignore ignore unless actual court papers arrive?

Usually yes. Just occasionally either the ppc or the debt collector they use does something dumber than usual. When that happens responding can be useful to point out how unreasonable they are being.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure