Scrapbooking for beginners - any tips would be welcome

Options
Anoneemoose
Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
Hi, I have decided I might give scrapbooking a go, as a way of relieving boredom due having to give up work (chronic illnesses).

I am quite creative as I used to make cakes as a hobby, but I have no idea where to start with the scrapbooking stuff. I have lots of photos to be printed which I could use..so have ideas for themes, like our kids' early years etc.

Is it best to get a starter kit or buy things individually?

Any hints and tips would be gratefully appteciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Quackers1
    Quackers1 Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    I would start by printing out the photos you want to use and deciding on what size scrapbook - I use a 12"x12" most of the time.

I prefer to buy things individually although this includes some mixed pads of papers - I find the hardest thing is deciding what I want to put on each page in terms of captions, dates, memories.

Be warned, it can be very addictive and quite expensive but I do love spending time creating ;)

Enjoy!
  • Elliemoomin
    Elliemoomin Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I find glue dots are the best for fixing the photos/embellishments into place, they are really easy to use and deffinatley worth a try if your after really neat finish as they don't splodge out everywhere.
    There are some really good value packs in the special offer section on the webshop allthingssticky
    Good luck with your new hobby :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport