BookWorm's MFW Chapter

Comments

• BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Good evening

It's blowing an absolute gale here today - I almost got blown away when I went outside! Feeling much better and almost over my lurgy. There does seem to be lots of it going round at the moment

It's been a very eventful week. As well as work being it's usual mad self (seems the norm at the moment), I've also had to contend with a leak in the bathroom, problem electrics, having the bathroom ceiling replaced and blocked drains :eek: Needless to say I'm shattered (and poorer!) from juggling all the 'challenges'. On a positive note, everything is now fixed or sorted

I've not really had chance to do much survey stuff this week so little to report other than reaching payout for CP. Vouchers now awaited.

There has been a bit of OP action with some cashback money, work expenses received back and my regular monthly payment. I'm getting tantalisingly close to the next big threshold :cool:

I've been out today and bought a few more C pressies. Just got family cards to get and some for friends overseas as well as some gift bags. Then the wrapping and sorting can be started - probably next weekend I expect.

BW :)
  • BookWorm
    Good evening :) Well another week has passed!

I feel like I've been here, there and everywhere this week. Lots of meetings, work travel and a works Xmas party (which was actually good fun). I caught up with some friends last night which was lovely and a nice relaxing end to the week.

Today has been filled with running errands and getting my pressies wrapped. I can't wait to give them to people - it's the best bit! :p Cards have been written too and are ready to post on Monday. I actually feel like I am getting my life back under control (hope it lasts into the working week ;))

A couple of small cashback OP's made this week.. so ticking along on that front.

Happy weekend!

BW x
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like a busy but balanced week. Do you get a good break off work over Christmas?
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • BookWorm
    Morning Cath,

Unfortunately, I'm not getting much time off - only Xmas eve - and the bank holidays. But at least they fall nicely so I can have 2 longer weekends ;)
  • Just stopping by to say hello. I'm pleased that you're managing to get things back under control - it's horrible when things are so hectic. :( What a shame you only get a small break at Xmas, I hope you've got some holiday time planned for early in the new year.

Hope this week is more settled for you.

MGx
    :jMortgage free 08.08.19 :j
    2018: £19410.25 / £9,300 2017: £7646.64 / £11,000 2016: 4557.98 / £11,000 2015: £10,230.37 / £11,000 2014 =£6703.26 / £11,000 2013 = £4288.51 / £8000 2012 = £1600/£5000 2011 = £2579/£3000
    MF date was Nov 2041 - mortgage neutral 23.07.18

• BookWorm
    Thanks for stopping by MG :)

This week has calmed down a fraction... but I'll take that! Any amount of less manic is good ;)

I've been a bit spendy today and treated myself to some new lingerie. I decided that I deserved it....and there is something lovely about having matching sets of undies :p I'm still within monthly budget so not all bad. I get paid early this month.. but I am going to ignore it and pretend I haven't until after Xmas...

Nothing to report on the OP or the survey front :eek: It's that strange mid-month time when not much seems to happen on either side.

Busy few days ahead visiting friends and dropping off gifts (around work of course)...but this is one of the parts I love about the festivities

Have a good evening all

BW
  • Sounds like you've been so busy that you deserve a treat BW :)
  • BookWorm
    Thanks Selloptape :) It's what I told myself ;)

Another work day down... I have 4 more to get through before I break up for Xmas. The end is in sight!

I've had to pay this months cc today and it was a biggie :eek: I've been quite spendy the last couple of months and definitely need to get back to being strict on myself from here on in.

Still no survey news or new OP's made.... :( although I did win 10p in the TCB competition earlier.. better than nothing! ;)

Roll on the weekend

BW
  • BookWorm wrote: »
    Another work day down... I have 4 more to get through before I break up for Xmas. The end is in sight!

Joining you on the countdown. :) We don't have anything planned for the break but having some time to relax will be lovely.
    Still no survey news or new OP's made.... :( although I did win 10p in the TCB competition earlier.. better than nothing! ;)

I won 25p! Still doesn't really make the hours(?) I spent on the earlier competition worth it, but as you say, better than nothing.
  • BookWorm
    Good afternoon :)

Well it's official.. I'm as ready for christmas as I can be(other than travelling to see family later in the week). Presents have either been delivered to recipients already or are ready to travel with me. I've caught up with friends that I won't see over the holidays and house has been cleaned and tidied. Just the last few days of work to get through (i hope they go quickly ;))

I've managed a few small OP's - some work expenses back and a couple of surveys payments that came in. I'm also waiting on 2 x PC payments as well.

I noticed yesterday when checking my mortgage online that I can now transfer to a new product..not sure if that just means with the current provider or whether I can move without penalty elsewhere (as I had thought it was March before I could do that). Either way I'm going to leave it til into the new year as I need to do some research about rates, etc before I take any action.

I've had a go at making homemade dog biscuits this afternoon. I saw them on the Kirstie Allsop xmas show earlier this week and thought I would give it a whirl. They look ok...but the test will be whether the pooches eat them or not! :p

Joining you on the countdown. :) We don't have anything planned for the break but having some time to relax will be lovely.
    Thanks for popping in hiddenshadow - I always think it's nice to have some time that isn't chock full of plans and that you can see how you feel on the day, etc. Hope you have a lovely break

BW :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure