• carbry
    carbry Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    0.5 O's today rained nearly all day
    3.13 kWp system, south facing, East Coast lincolnshire. Installed dec 2015
  • Markj1110
    Markj1110 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Rained nearly all day yesterday! so only 0.42 O's. :eek:
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
  • old_grouser
    old_grouser Posts: 176 Forumite
    ...And if I sounded smug on Thursday, when the Hawaii arrived, nemesis (or normal service) returned when it poured with rain and blew a gale overnight and the panels manifested their isolation fault till 11am the next day. This being only an intermittant fault which occurs when generation would be low anyway (ten minutes of sun cures it), I wonder if it is sensible to ignore it for a while longer. The roof is high and inaccessible. Perhaps people out there could advise me?
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,543 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cold and wet AM, nice afternoon = 2.075 O's today:)
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Markj1110
    Markj1110 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Lovely day today, 3.08 O's. :)
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Not a bad Afternoon, morning was pretty much a washout! whole day was supposed to be so should not complain.

Ended with a 3.2 and still ahead of the curve. :cool:
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 March 2017 at 11:02AM
    ...And if I sounded smug on Thursday, when the Hawaii arrived, nemesis (or normal service) returned when it poured with rain and blew a gale overnight and the panels manifested their isolation fault till 11am the next day. This being only an intermittant fault which occurs when generation would be low anyway (ten minutes of sun cures it), I wonder if it is sensible to ignore it for a while longer. The roof is high and inaccessible. Perhaps people out there could advise me?
    I had a fault with my system; it kept tripping out the RCD of the 13 amp side of the fuse board (cos the Inverter was wired on that side) I had it removed from the RCD side and wired into the main fuse board; that cured it from tripping out the Fridge, Freezers and other 13 amp sockets in the house. When it rains or in damp condition the Inverter 'Riso' reading is often less than 20.0MΩ, and the 'Ileak' is greater than 0mA. The next day the readings are as normal i.e. Riso 20.0MΩ; Ileak 0mA. So, my advice would be to ignore it, until, it does not correct itself; then you have a problem. I am not an electrician, just quoting from personal experience.
    Not a bad day today, 3.16 O's...:)..coffee.gif
    Edit: If the item is still within warranty; you could speak with the installer and see what they have to say. ;)
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Reverse of yesterday. Good morning, naff afternoon.

Bit better 3.3 today. :)
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,543 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Dull morning and raining all afternoon = 0.675 O's:mad::(
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Not the best of days...rain for most...2.4 O's..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback