Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Clinic cancelled for tomorrow- consultant ill.
    On my own, so will go swimming!
    No replacement date given either.......this time I really needed an expert eye to look but might be off to GP......again!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Stick with it Katiehound, I'm sure it will come together even when clinics are cancelled (which can be very frustrating)

I bet it was fantastic getting the furbabies home. That's what I love about my cats,if I have to do bed rest or elevate the leg.....the radio is on and I'm surrounded by love......even if I have to fight for the bed sometimes!!!!!

Went to the W*rks today to get some books for my daughters birthday(must keep my signature updated). Couldn't get the ones she was after but they had some Christmas books and some others for £1 so I'm going to put 2 away for Christmas. Also got a Christmas activity pack that my cousins daughter will love, who I love to bits - down from £10 to £2 and a book for my stepfather which tied in nicely with another one of his presents to do with his train hobby.
    I did spot a Lego book for my other cousin's son, and while it was brilliant, I used the mantra of do I need this or want this, and more importantly will he want it. Put it back because I know Star Wars and Marvel will appeal more.

So an interesting trip out, it wasn't raining, I got some fresh air, got a few more bits than I had planned to, but I'm really pleased with what I did get. Desperate to read one of my daughter's books.....can I get a way with reading it while making it look like it hasn't been read??!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Popped to local shop and found Christmas candles in nice glass jar reduced to 50p, bought six, they come in handy for a small present or addition to a hamper, though they smell so nice might just keep them for me lol.
    Slimming World at target
  • Katiehound
    Desperate to read one of my daughter's books.....can I get a way with reading it while making it look like it hasn't been read??!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    very likely- just be very careful with the spine and use a thin paper bookmark. I managed to read 2 of the books that I gave away and they looked perfect- in fact they'd come from a charity shop in the first place!

Went up to the ward today and another orthopedic surgeon looked at knee. said I could go swimming if nothing changed on Friday also it might have been cellulitis.
    Was told by the ward sister that GP should have taken a swab / blood test when it was weeping to establish which bug and then use specific antibiotics to target that strain Also said I could have gone up to ward to get advice- as often as I needed. Oh, to be wise after the event!!!! Antibiotics finish tonight and then we approach a w/e.........Other than that it's a 52 or 60 mile trip to an ortho clinic!!

Hounds are happy and I managed to slowly walk them round a short block both last night and this morning. Then they had an afternoon run. The rest of the time they are snug in their beds laying on the doggy duvets- and all night without incidence except I saw that madam had pushed him out of his (it's bigger!) to do a swap.

Paid for the new battery, other than that I have car insurance to renew- due to the places I go it's not worth shopping around but I begrudge the £50 hike 'though I think a part of that is increased govt tax.
    Next is to fill in renewal form for passport and cough up that £72.50. Madam needs a tooth extraction and a rabies jab.Maybe £200 total? Not a cheap February!!

Phoned the village PO and 4 doggy duvets remain. I have a few in hand but I guess that's the incentive to make a few.

Trying to keep sane and calm!
    Many thanks
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Katiehound wrote: »
    very likely- just be very careful with the spine and use a thin paper bookmark. I managed to read 2 of the books that I gave away and they looked perfect- in fact they'd come from a charity shop in the first place!

Went up to the ward today and another orthopedic surgeon looked at knee. said I could go swimming if nothing changed on Friday also it might have been cellulitis.
    Was told by the ward sister that GP should have taken a swab / blood test when it was weeping to establish which bug and then use specific antibiotics to target that strain Also said I could have gone up to ward to get advice- as often as I needed. Oh, to be wise after the event!!!! Antibiotics finish tonight and then we approach a w/e.........Other than that it's a 52 or 60 mile trip to an ortho clinic!!

Hounds are happy and I managed to slowly walk them round a short block both last night and this morning. Then they had an afternoon run. The rest of the time they are snug in their beds laying on the doggy duvets- and all night without incidence except I saw that madam had pushed him out of his (it's bigger!) to do a swap.

Paid for the new battery, other than that I have car insurance to renew- due to the places I go it's not worth shopping around but I begrudge the £50 hike 'though I think a part of that is increased govt tax.
    Next is to fill in renewal form for passport and cough up that £72.50. Madam needs a tooth extraction and a rabies jab.Maybe £200 total? Not a cheap February!!

Phoned the village PO and 4 doggy duvets remain. I have a few in hand but I guess that's the incentive to make a few.

Trying to keep sane and calm!

That's gd news about the walking, hopefully there get ur knee sorted soon.

Just a thought with car ins - give them a ring and say you've found a better quote but you like the service from this company - always work a treat for me, I even got better quote than renewal x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Katiehound
    mum2one wrote: »
    Just a thought with car ins - give them a ring and say you've found a better quote but you like the service from this company - always work a treat for me, I even got better quote than renewal x

Sadly that advice too late!
    Bought insurance teatime last night. However, it's still a good price as 6 years ago I was quoted £150 more on renewal without breakdown cover than I have just paid! :eek: It was after I had made a claim (my fault) after about 12 or 13 years of no claims.

I have already reached my cashback limit on one credit card and it's only the 2nd of the month!

Thankfully the consultant's appts have been rescheduled for next Weds.

Posted off my passport renewal form etc. It actually only cost me 14 pence to send as I had 2 x 1st large letter stamps purchased a while ago before several price hikes.

I really don't need to buy masses of Christmas presents this year as I have the load that I could not deliver! Of course these might no longer be suitable for the sproglets!
    I bought my friend's daughter 6 month subs to 'Red' magazine- £9, and at the start of January I bought the three sproglets jointly a sponsored puppy with Dogs for Good. I know they love animals and would love a dog-that's a no-no, have to make do with a hamster! So I thought they would be interested to see how little puppy Alice fares.

I have several friends with landmark birthdays- they have pretty much everything that they want so I think they may well also get a puppy sponsorship.
    Many thanks

• Complete fluke but I got amazing car insurance this year. Found the cheapest quote from a company I trust and got the cover I wanted. Paid and completed it all. Then a letter came through saying there's been a glitch and no payment was taken. I called them and they went through it all, same cover, same no claims. He asked what I was quoted and before I answered I caught myself and asked him what he had down as the price. It was cheaper than mine so I said, fine we will go with your number! Then he vanished for a few minutes and came back after speaking to a supervisor. Turned out when he tried to complete it the figure was even lower. Supervisor ok'd it for messing me about. Got it £203 instead of £405!! Exact cover I wanted. Pretty happy. Only been driving 2 years so quite pleased.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • can i come and play ? i joined in a few years ago loved Mumtoones to dos and even Miss hoodies clean ups .
    x
    finances disaster but baby-stepping back to security:

2024 let's do this !!
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    killielila wrote: »
    can i come and play ? i joined in a few years ago loved Mumtoones to dos and even Miss hoodies clean ups .
    x

Thank you xxxxx

Bit late for jans santa challenge.... been mad month, but Feb back to normal.... especially miss hoodies corner! Xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Hope everyone ok, that's an amazing gift sponsor the puppy all the fun without the no 2s....

Started off as a productive day.... got shopping delivered, all away, odd bits on the comPurer, taxi service for aunt and uncle, popped to boots for some photos, dentist.......a root canal... it hurt.... came out looking like I was a vampire who was very busy....

Back to the hospital collect Aunty and uncle, not the best of news - they've diagnosed my uncle with cancer of the bladder.... heck knows what's happening..

Thus weekend is battle down the hatches.... the wind was foul 2ngt, tomorrow meant to be worse,,, xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport