Gb energy leaving issues and refund

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 25 November 2016 at 10:14AM
    Hengus wrote: »
    OFGEM steps in and it will move all customers to another supplier. (Supplier of Last Resort). There have been recent changes to the Supplier of Last Resort rules to protect consumer credit balances (yet to be tested).

This happened to me with Amerada a few years ago. Powergen took over the supply and had to provide the same tariff, no risk or interruption to supply if a company liquidates. In fact think I benefited as i think I owed Amerada and they never collected.

As for GB Energy they do look if they have given up with customer service. My query over a month ago about an increased DD hasn't been responded to.
  • lazyjack
    lazyjack Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well, looks like GB Energy have gone:

https://www.gbenergysupply.co.uk

They will still owe me about £160 when my transfer away completes shortly, what are the chances of getting this ?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Time to cancel my next DD payment to GBEnergy due on 1 December - me thinks. I am in credit.
  • I tried to call them this morning to see if there was any update on the IVR, and they then said that the offices are closed (as to be expected), but referred me to: https://hebridesenergy.co.uk, which seems to be another outfit of GB Energy. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Guess I'll have to go back to more expensive staff tariffs :D
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    lazyjack wrote: »
    Well, looks like GB Energy have gone:

https://www.gbenergysupply.co.uk

They will still owe me about £160 when my transfer away completes shortly, what are the chances of getting this ?

That link goes straight through to GBenergy for me. What makes you think they've gone?
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2016 at 2:53PM
    The only communication I have been able to elicit was by leaving a bad review on Trustpilot which did get a fairly quick response of a stock cut and paste apology with a promise to look at my issues, of course nothing has happened.

Oh I see know, lots of reviews now say ceased trading page showing.. will try clearing browser cache..

EDIT - nope still seeing the usual site..

I am wondering if people were accidentally seeing a test run of how the website will look Monday morning when its official?
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Tried to enter monthly Meter readings at 12:20 and got a "ceased trading" message.
    Tried half an hour later and all was back to normal.
    I'm £220 in credit......do I cancel xmas:(
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I saw your review sillygoose and the others about the ceased trading page so I've just logged in. Everything looks normal but to be honest if I had a dd going out soon I would probably cancel it.
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.gbenergysupply.co.uk
  • JLog
    JLog Posts: 1 Newbie
    Like mr_ottermole I switched some time before GB went bust and my new supplier didn't get my credit balance transferred from GB. Having already switched I was not taken on by the supplier of last resort (Co-operative) but was comforted to get, in January, a final statement showing the credit. This came from "GB Energy Supply, Supported by Co-operative Energy Ltd".

I then waited patiently, having seen "We are still in conversation with Ofgem on how to manage the refund of credits, however the plan is to refund any credits to customers after they have switched supplier ..." on a .gbenergysupply link called "faq-next" which describes the situation now that Co-operative has assumed responsibility.

DON'T wait patiently. Call the number above if you're waiting for a credit refund - I spoke to a nice lady who said words to the effect of "Sorry we haven't addressed this already. You'll get your refund (to the account used for GB direct debits) in a couple of days". Which I did.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My refund came through automatically about four weeks after I'd switched, without asking
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport