In the nick of time

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Anyhow, off to work in 10 mins. Only 1 tin of tuna left. No mayo. Must think about going shopping. Secretly I'm aiming to get to the weekend. Although fridge looking very bare. DD1 has bought us some milk.
    New guest arriving tomorrow. To speed OH up I offered him £40 to paint the hall stairs landing. It's now gleaming. :D One wall for him to do later in guest room. Then glossing dados.
    I will get it back in the future. It's a blinking game really. ;)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    3rd coat of paint needed on DD2's bedroom door. Then only the kitchen skirting boards :T :T Well done OH :D (did bribe him with £40 :o)

This is very needed as new guests have asked for an extra night... and they want to use kitchen... cue me running around like a loon bleaching everywhere including teaspoons.. :o

luckily we'd done this for French guest and a couple of weeks ago soooo not to much damage.

Think DD2 has got the message about earned income.. kind of when I didn't give her money for nothing.. so dusting and mopping planned tmrw for her :D

There would have been £600 in the CB account when it stops, however I didn't want to give her it all now I've realised she gets loans and has the previous savings we've given her... I'm splitting it down the middle. £300 to her and £300 to me and OH. This will go towards our holiday.. or the MOT/Dentistry oh has planned.

Our bnb room TV wasn't working yesterday.. V.annoying as new last October. French girl didn't watch TV so don't know how long has been like that. Any how with new guests arriving I phoned freeview who said reduced signal in Granada region until September due to works and could offer no advice, incredible really,... ..So me in (!!!!!!) better fix this mode before work, ran off to buy N@W tv... got 10% discount form OH supermarket. but they only gave me one month , not 3 as stated... will look at this when guests leave..

I would think social media would have said something about blue and black pixclated screens for TV :(

however it has made me think of stopping sky.. just thinking mind you :D Now we have the box it would be silly to let it go to waste :D

So no spends all week and didn't stop spending yesterday.

H&B
    £10 Garden
    £7 Food inc Tea and coffee, Jams Mini hotel type @ 25p each
    £13 toiletries (bnb room good bargains)
    £10 ironing board for bnb room
    Morrisons..
    F&V, Fresh stuff £25
    £5 BNB stuff

£22.50 ..n@w TV

Today £20 petrol, OH put in £10 last week. looking good :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Date day with OH today.. mind you we had a meal out yesterday afternoon, with DD2,,, she was telling us to get off our phones !! :rotfl:
    Did use a voucher code for meal so 2nd main course for £1... shame there were 3 of us :huh:

Waiting for OH to get up as he worked last night.. he's got a day out tmrw with friends so today he'll be creeping :D

We do need to go shopping but I just don't want to.. more freezer mash up later then

Really considering booking a holiday for late September, I'm too mean to pay too much, really waning all inclusive , Canaries (as hot) for less than £600. We will see :cool:

paid another £85 off mortgage this am..

Been piddling down here, next door supposed to be having a party at 1-7pm , although invited this week (I had to apologise to guests in advance of noise) I don't think I will be welcome due to the tree incident a few weeks ago and last night I told the son (35yrs old) that I utterly hated him playing drums several evenings a week.
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 10 July 2016 at 12:15PM
    £55 spent food. took OH's discount card.. should've been £61.. total £80 so far.
    DD2 is pleased as she now has a variety of veggie stuff to choose from.
    Got lots of yellow sticker items.

Spent a fair few quid on entertaining ourselves this weekend so need to curb that.. bumped into friends had a few large G&T's. My head was certainly telling me off this morning , and my waistline. I can't seem to keep to slimming W plan lately, although it is the easiest plan for me.

looking after GD this pm, whilst her mum is working.. OH is playing bowls... depending on how good he is will depend on what time he rolls home,,,, i hope i'm joking saying rolls !!!!

Just cut his hair so £10 saved.... when I say saved i mean spent elsewhere :o
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Wow you are doing so well ,especially on the airbnb you must be exhausted and you work so very hard too plus children and grandaughter ,well done
  • Moneyfordreams
    Try Harder, I'm very good at making things difficult for myself :D

I crave peace and serenity and end up with chaos and drama usually. :o

Confession... DD1 car broke down a few weeks ago, her with little one and all.. pestering us... I bought her a car on CC as she will have !!!!py credit score (see previous posts, haha). budget was £2k... so I spent £4k. but she has a super cute ice blue ka, £30 road tax a year .. see bargain :D, balance transfer to zero today and she's set up the monthly SO to me to ensure payment.

I have OT tomorrow for the morning shift, then my own shift in the afternoon. I won't put myself forward for any more (mind you i've been saying that for 2 years). Off another weekend.. need to spend less than last weekend..

We have a few more BNB bookings trickling in.. total estimate for July is £380 so far.. now couple here currently have been here a week so far..booked until Monday. Now i know weather has been awful, but they have only set foot outside the house to go and buy fresh food, then home to cook it and go back to their room.. I guestimate they have spent 22 hours a day in the room... we would be going stare crazy
  • Moneyfordreams
    bnb guests have gone out today... they leave on Monday. More bookings for later in the week :D We have 2 couples coming with a young child (separately) DD1 has been trying to sell a princess bed without success so we will have it :D

We don't need to big shop yet as we still have a full freezer from last week.. We had rotisserie chicken last night, left overs today will be a chicken pasta bake. I just fancy it with a cambells soup/sauce.

I have been thinking of booking that hot holiday as the weather has been so bad.. I have time off late August and late September. My holiday firm of choice, lowcostholidays.com, went into receivership yesterday :eek::eek:

Whilst I'm sorry for all effected by this , i'm really thankful I've been too tight to part with the cash.

So I have been mooching on line this am and found a new (to me) website.. Holid@ydiscountcentre... they have so many cheap hols with different travel firms, I'm wondering if its worth the risk... 1 week canaries late September, all inclusive, £175 each, 3 star hotel. That's half the price of other places.. I'm sure there would be extras such as transfers... more to contemplate :)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi MfD - be careful re the holiday bookings and definitely put it on the CC and then pay off immediately. That way at least you'd get something back (even if heaps of hassle). Agree its nice to have warm weather to look forward to..we have done same and booked 9 days in Spain.

I will try and work some extra shifts to pay for it all..YNAB looking a bit sad :eek:

Very glad Air BnB is working out for you. Seems like youve got a second job there. Hows the pool?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    Brizzle, pool very neglected as weather awful.... but looking good though.. Hopefully tomorrow I will spend time cleaning and making it sparkle :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    £12 spent on food so £92 in total

Have ate out again.. OH paid.. (must be that painting money :D) £42 for 5 of us

and £50 on petrol in total. Will need more later this week.

OH had been sent home again.. he has been struggling with heavy cough/cold so they offered him AL instead to save pennies.. international company!! That same company is giving double discount for a week from Friday, therefore and bulk shopping can wait until then :D

Freezer has still got tons in it. last night I made myself a beef curry rice thing out of leftovers i froze last month :D another portion for work later.

diet seems to have hit a standstill, so back to playing with my fitness pal again... With my level of activity I still ate less than allowance including apple pie, vienese whirl and crisps :o no wine though :D

So up and at 'em today... I have been to the park to play on the exercise equipment. I seem to have lost my upper body strength, no surprise there. I will have a swim again this am (had one yesterday) as the weather is glorious, then work this afternoon.

OH payday on Friday so bills account will be replenished.. Keeping my fingers xd for the magic £800

BNB money over the next few weeks is straight to the car loan. Still considering a holiday.. cheap flights to tenerife plus abnb appartment total £600... however , OH has dentistry to pay for, MOT due, OH needs new glasses... He's going to have his eye test when the 20% discount is on :D:D . We do have the money saved but my lovely saving pot is looking healthy as I've moved it to TSb 5% plus 5% regular saver..

DD2 is having a social life for the first time :D , downside its costing me....... So her uni fund is getting depleted. If she won't work or help in the house i'm deducting it from the money saved.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback