IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Photo 'evidence' received.

I have a court date set. My case is a pre-Oct 2012 one.

Is the claimant's solicitor likely to produce the photo evidence in court? This is a pay and display case where they claim the driver stayed longer than the ticket allowed. No ANPR is involved. They have sent me the photo evidence.

In a letter, the claimant claimed that the driver drove off before the parking attendant had time to place the ticket on the car but the attendant's hand-written note says it was handed back by the driver. I've only just discovered this so I didn't mention it in my defence. Is it worth mentioning in my witness statement?

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    full time stamped photos? authenticated by who
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    PS: you will be calling the "attendant" as a witnesss (pre 2012???)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ElParque wrote: »
    I have a court date set. My case is a pre-Oct 2012 one.

Is the claimant's solicitor likely to produce the photo evidence in court? This is a pay and display case where they claim the driver stayed longer than the ticket allowed. No ANPR is involved. They have sent me the photo evidence.

In a letter, the claimant claimed that the driver drove off before the parking attendant had time to place the ticket on the car but the attendant's hand-written note says it was handed back by the driver. I've only just discovered this so I didn't mention it in my defence. Is it worth mentioning in my witness statement?

Yes, in your WS, mention all aspects of their WS which make no sense or are wrong, and really go to town explaining why a keeper cannot be liable, pre-POFA.

Show us your WS if you have time before the submission date. Doesn't matter if they see it, they will soon enough!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ElParque
    ElParque Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    The photos are stamped with a date and the 'ticket' refers to their existence. I won't be calling the attendant as a witness and assume that nor will the claimant but I still wonder if they are likely to include the photos in their evidence (although they show or prove nothing).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    They should have included the photos with their WS, did they not?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ElParque
    ElParque Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes, in your WS, mention all aspects of their WS which make no sense or are wrong, and really go to town explaining why a keeper cannot be liable, pre-POFA.

Show us your WS if you have time before the submission date. Doesn't matter if they see it, they will soon enough!

I haven't seen their witness statement yet and assume I won't get to see it before I've sent mine in.

The photos I have were sent to me in response to a request for evidence. They aren't proof of anything except that my car was parked in that car park at some point. The pay and display ticket on view on the dashboard of my car which they claim was out of time, is completely illegible.

I certainly will post a copy of my witness statement! The date is still a month or so away but I will try to get it written up soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure