Vacuum cleaner for pet hair

Options
I think I've had my cylinder hoover for a few years and I can't get the beige living room carpet clean from three cats and my long hair without taking the nozzle off and getting on my hands and knees (no jokes please :p) well I am fed up with that malarky so can anyone recommend a good vaccum for pet hair? I don't really want to spend more than 150, car insurance is due this month :o
I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)

Comments

• hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 26 February 2012 at 10:40PM
    Options
    Well,the Miele cat and dog has proved to be the best for getting up our dogs hairs but its not £150 :( However, you do get a ten year guarantee with it. Have to say my Sebo was much easier to open up if you got a blockage or whatever but this Miele does have the power you need for the hairs and an attachment for turbo removing hairs on the stairs

£239 at John Lewis
  • jay1976
    Options
    Hi,
    I`ve been through so many hovers as i have a dog with very short hair, and he molts like no other dog ive ever known.
    I now have a henry hover and have had no problems. got mine for around £85 a year ago in a sale.
    Hope this helps.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    I think The Miele mentioned above got the Which magazine Best Buy. I have a Dyson Animal with the turbo brush attachement which I find works well.
  • ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Options
    I have bought my last 2 from here,you get a 12 month warranty and i have had no problems.If you click on the name direct vacuums and go to there items for sale you will see loads of different ones.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hoover-WHS1601-1600W-Bagless-Pet-Upright-Vacuum-Cleaner-/380414322649?pt=UK_Vacuum_Cleaners&hash=item589275e7d9
  • getcarter
    Options
    Second the Henry, got to be a reason why professional cleaners use it!
  • littleminx_2
    Options
    I bought the Henry a few weeks ago, so sorry i did, useless at picking pet hairs up. Nearly bought this one http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_325008022803_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7Etxtmiele
    Really peeved i didn't :mad: as the reviews are fantastic.
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 27 February 2012 at 3:35PM
    Options
    Yes, I got the upright version of that Miele and as I said, it ploughs through dogs hairs and the carpet looks clean (for a little while). Only downside is its quite heavy and a pain in the butt to open up if you get a blockage in it. Mine came with a 10 year guarantee from Co op online store. I dont think they have that offer now.

Gawd, on Debenhams its £320!! £239 on John Lewis with guarantee extended to 10 years for £30

http://www.johnlewis.com/230200613/Product.aspx#reviews
  • gibson123
    gibson123 Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    Do NOT buy the hoover bagless upright that claims to be for pet hair, it clogs up every time you use it, and the wheels came off within 3 months. I previously had a Henry for 10 years and he was a scruffy old faithful until I overextended him while hoovering the car and he went tumbling down the concrete stairs, now considering buying another one even though the hoover is less than 6 months old
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 February 2012 at 11:48AM
    Options
    Bissell are brill for anything, I got a cheap one from asda not expecting much and cannot recommend enough, lightweight, easy to empty and clean. I'm a cleaner and have used lots of Dysons, Hoovers etc and don't rate them like my Bissell :D

Also has a charcoal filter to keep per odours at bay, I got it for £40, its now on offer at £49 inflation eh?. I have a moulting dog but whip round once a day with this and its sorted. Just read the 325 5 star reviews.

Bissell Powerforce.
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Options
    That has given me some things to think about, thanks guys
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure