Santander 123 Retailer List?

Anyone know where I can find it?

The link on their website http://www.santander-products.co.uk/credit-cards/cashback_search just takes you back to the home page

I wanna make sure the garage I use is classed as a petrol station and not a supermarket

Comments

• Is working now, remember to tick the box next to the petrol pump or trolley
  • Is working now, remember to tick the box next to the petrol pump or trolley

Well I have only received 1% for a purchase made at Shell in Skelmersdale which appears on the petrol station list.

I bought diesel, not petrol, but that should also be 3% surely?

Already posted on this forum about this issue in a separate thread.
  • Well I have only received 1% for a purchase made at Shell in Skelmersdale which appears on the petrol station list.

I bought diesel, not petrol, but that should also be 3% surely?

Already posted on this forum about this issue in a separate thread.

The T&Cs do state some petrol stations are classed as supermarkets so only pay 1%

Maybe the website needs updating
  • Hi,

I've just switched to the 123 acct too but I think the website is a bit of a con. It says list of retailers but it's more of a search tool. They should just publish the whole list of companies that we can see rather having to search each place everytime I'm about to use my card.
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    lapide wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just switched to the 123 acct too but I think the website is a bit of a con. It says list of retailers but it's more of a search tool. They should just publish the whole list of companies that we can see rather having to search each place everytime I'm about to use my card.

Sounds like a good idea for me, try searching for ** and see if that brings back everything
  • While I was also looking for an actual list of retailers, if you search by Location only then it will show you a complete list of retailers under all categories for that place.

While this is not a complete list, it's probably more useful, as a complete list would include the whole of the UK when, like me, most users will only need to search 4 or 5 locations that they regularly live in, work in or visit.

While it does list stores separately under Supermarkets and Petrol Stations, a map would be useful since there are 3 listings for "TESCO - ST HELENS" once under Supermarkets and twice under Petrol Stations. I have no idea which one is which. @ffacoffipawb Controversially it does actually list "SHELL - SKELMERSDALE" under Petrol Stations. Did you purchase anything in addition to your Diesel, and does anyone know if this makes a difference e.g. if I buy Petrol plus crisps, would that make it a Supermarket transaction?

Overall though, searching by Location only definitely gives you a much better head start for where best to shop or if your current spending habits suit that to get the card.
  • pjread
    pjread Posts: 1,100
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I don't know but I get 3% on anything at the tesco express/petrol station down the road from me... I would guess that they probably have the card readers reporting one or other of the merchant codes, rather than doing anyhting clever to determine which based on the transaction.

To the best of my knowledge, all that's ever "transferred" from the till to the card reader is a value to debit. I could well be wrong but that would fit my experience.

[edit] The helpful thing to say might be "buy something cheap there and wait for your statement, or call Santander once it shows up asking for the merchant ID they used" [/edit]
  • Hmm do they sell giftcards in the petrol store..?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure