Bath bomb, Bath melt & Soap recipes (merged)

Comments

• I_am_mad
    I_am_mad Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    thank you for your help, I am asking as I work in a farm shop and wondered if it would be okay to sell them in their. But they would be okay to give to friends fo christmas and birthdays wouldnt they? I dont really know of any shops, I live in shropshire does any one know of any places near here?

Thank you x
    :jHas saved so much money since joining this forum, thanks to all you kind people out there :j
  • ELLA
    ELLA Posts: 784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can buy pre certified soap from www.thesoaptub.co.uk you can then make your own soap and package it yourself. Have a read on the pre-certified section. HTH
  • JAM1376
    JAM1376 Posts: 566 Forumite
    If you are selling to the public, you will need to comply with the Cosmetics Regulations 1976 (and various updates). If you are giving them as presents to people you know, I think you should be ok. I work for a lab that carries out the safety testing and its not cheap!!

HTH
    My baby girl :kisses3: September 09 :heartsmil
  • sarahf191979
    sarahf191979 Posts: 3,077 Forumite
    Found this might come in handy for home made xmas pressies

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/bath-and-body/index.shtml

HTH
    :confused:
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    I've made the lemon bath salts on this site a few times this year and can vouch for them - they are fab... http://www.allfreecrafts.com/bath-and-body/index.shtml

Also intend making the chocolate cake ones on here for Xmas presents...
    http://www.themerrychocoholic.com/chocolatebath-recipes.html

Ikea have some lovely glass jars quite cheap to put salts in.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi Sarah I've merged your thread with this one to keep similar topics together and help others with searching.
    And to include it in this thread.
    Thanks icon7.gif
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Bath salts are one of the easiest and least expensive bath items to make and they are so beautiful as gifts. I put them in jars that I buy at tag sales and dollar stores. I decoupage the jars to add a personal touch and sometimes add little wooden scoops when I can find them.
  • rainmac
    shellybean wrote: »
    Bath salts are one of the easiest and least expensive bath items to make and they are so beautiful as gifts. I put them in jars that I buy at tag sales and dollar stores. I decoupage the jars to add a personal touch and sometimes add little wooden scoops when I can find them.

I added wooden scoops to mine too. Found some in a little cook shop locally.
  • rainmac
    Received an email from this company offering free p&p on all orders placed before the end of August and sale items included bath bomb kits!

http://www.meltandpoursupplies.ashopcommerce.com/

I've used them before and the service was fab!
  • ELLA wrote: »
    You can buy pre certified soap from www.thesoaptub.co.uk you can then make your own soap and package it yourself. Have a read on the pre-certified section. HTH

CUSTOMER NOTICE
    04 September 2008
    We regret to inform customers that The Soap Tub has suspended trading today - 4.9.2008
    What to do next:
    We will be contacting those customers awaiting orders and will be seeking to ensure that customers are aware of how to make a claim.
    PLEASE LOG INTO THE MEMBERS BOX ON THE RIGHT OF THIS PAGE AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN DISPATCHED BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER.
    The Soap Tub traded between 2001-2008 and we deeply regret and wish to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused by the decision to close.
    Daniel Janes
    [EMAIL="daniel@thesoaptub.co.uk"]daniel@thesoaptub.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    The Soap Tub.
    i wanted to buy some stuff too:rolleyes:
    September wins: 101 Love songs album 5 cds - Bowtime Fridge magnet!? - So..? Exciting perfume Set
    October Wins: 3 x Sunsilk shower Lotion
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport