Using Amazon vouchers on Marketplace items

finsaah
finsaah Posts: 22 Forumite
edited 1 July 2009 at 6:18PM in Shop but don't drop
It seems I can use my Amazon vouchers on Amazon marketplace now even though it says in the terms and conditions that I can't.

I just went to buy a record from a Marketplace seller and it used my voucher balance to pay and I've just looked back and noticed that my balance was also used when I bought a used book a month ago.

Is anyone able to clear up whether something has changed recently or if there are certain exceptions to this rule?

Comments

• That's good. Just tried it as there was a 1p marketplace book I wanted and I had a 94p balance left from my previous order and it put the gift certificate balance towards the order.
    Amazon.co.uk Marketplace Order Summary Items: £0.01 Postage & Packing: £2.75 Promotion Applied: -£0.00 Gift Certificates: £0.94 transparent-pixel._V42753713_.gif Total: £1.82
    I assume something changed recently as I have not had this happen before.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    That's great news, thanks! I have about £90 coming from cashback in the form of Amazon vouchers, and mainly want stuff that is from other sellers.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • durham_girl
    durham_girl Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    I think it depends on the seller. A while ago I was looking for a book. I could use a voucher with one seller, but not another.
    :j30/7/10:j

:j24/1/14 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family