marketing companies [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Comments

• roberts12001
    roberts12001 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 November 2009 at 2:23PM
    Just a quick thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post something about powerhouse direct and its various aliases .
    I very nearly fell for the interview , id like to think that after the interview id have walked away never to return !.
    but you guys did save me a wasted hour of my time .
    The last few days on my way to work i noticed about 10 -15 smartly dressed youngsters gathered next the the florists at the end of my road didnt think anything more of it untill i got a call from powerhouse direct offering me an interview...3 hours after posting my C V ...WOW i MUST be great lol..NO ..in the last hour i have seen probably 30 people come and go all i expect WILL be hired and learn to their cost about this company...although i cannot verify the claims about the working methods i hope my post helps aswell.
    Once again thanks to all the above for their help .

OH
    P.s if you ARE thinking of aplying to this job , do yourself a favour , when you get to the premises look at the entrance the state of it , great company ???? ...have a good think and be prepared and above all good luck !
  • I had a phonecall today from TG Worldwide which is owned by HelpMeGo.To LTD which is subsequently owned by Cobra/Primus. They are currentrly recruiting in Manchester. Declined offer straight away as was conned by them as a very young student.

Hope this helps people. They are a disgusting company.
  • A few months ago I had a similar experience with a company in Norwich, can't remember the name though. Went to the first interview and they were playing the apprentice music on a little portable cd player, in the interview they were very positive about fast tracking employees to management and about all the companies they had contracts with; red cross, T-mobile, vodafone etc. Went to the second interview and ended up walking around a council estate in norwich watching these guys trying to sell phone services to people.

Within half hour or being there, a girl who had come for her second interview as well and myself decided we'd been misled and told the middle aged guy who was meant to be the team leader that we didn't realise this involved door to door sales and it wasn't for us. He argued with us in the street about how he hadn't left a 100,000 job in London to become a door to door salesman and we didn't know anything about anything. I promptly left laughing all the way home.

I did later find out a friends girlfriend had taken a job with these people and then ended up quitting after 2 weeks as it was entirely commission based and she made about 20 quid per week. They appear to be cropping up everywhere!
  • ganonman
    ganonman Posts: 153
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2009 at 9:18PM
    9 to 5 schmuck = some one that has a 9 to 5 job. This person is lazy, has his life controlled by a boss, will be laid off, has no sense of goals or directions and is too secure in their poor existence to try and get a head in life.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I feel so ashamed, lazy and secure in my poor existence. :rolleyes:
    "A bank* is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

(*Unless it's Santander. The branch says they sent you an umbrella 3 times already and don't understand why you don't have it yet and want it back right now!!!)
  • Oval are another one to look out for (exactly the same address and phone number to powerhouse in brighton) i had no idea people did this its awful how they can prey on naive people looking for work and giving people negative views on finding work:(
  • alenax
    alenax Posts: 303 Forumite
    magicfwomp wrote: »
    Oval are another one to look out for (exactly the same address and phone number to powerhouse in brighton) i had no idea people did this its awful how they can prey on naive people looking for work and giving people negative views on finding work:(

They exist in Maidstone too but they've renamed themselves to JK Marketing over there.
  • alenax wrote: »
    They exist in Maidstone too but they've renamed themselves to JK Marketing over there.

so much for a "brighton based company" then !!!! no point contacting the website they advertise on too seeing as they are probably getting paid to advertise.:mad:
  • Fosters Marketing Solutions are advertising again!!
  • Small_Little_Lady
    Small_Little_Lady Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 February 2010 at 2:32PM
    Hi guys, I just wanted to share my experience with those people... I applied for the job recently, got a fast reply etc... it would be easier if I just copy the above.

I felt excited, happy and full of new energy.

Now for a change I feel really awful 'couse they have a way of getting to know you, I feel almost raped and stupid knowing now that thay are a scam. So many things rang the bell in my head like the fact that I was putted in a middle of a car with 4 strange guys, if I think of it now-- no escape and they drove all the way to another town! They said that they accept bribes, sold stuff to old ladies and lied about a charity costs (Never sign up to Oxfam, Airtricity, Talk-Talk or Vodafone) , and offcourse they lied to old ladies--- 100% of your money going to right cause, we provide poor children in Africa with clean water thanks to the special tablets for only 70cents a day! They explained to me later on that day after all the sales we made that--- 70% of what people give in a real live going on administration costs, but I just went on with it. Thinking of it now how could I be so naive and stupid enough to be thinking that maybe they're right, maybe they really dont get paid from Oxfam.

At those hard times I am desperate to have a job. After a while I really became to like the guys I've worked with for the one day (second stage of interview) and they filled my head with high hopes of oppurtinity to make good money. Brain washed me. I dont mind beeing self-employed, couse Im planning to do so anyway, I dont mind hard work, for little money-- Im really young hard working person without a job for a while now and just sick of beeing broke. My mistake was that I got really personal with the guys, told them stories about myslef and had a good lough (now thinking of it-- stupid, stupid, stupid!!!). Now that I know they just took advantage of me and of the fact that I am young, naive, honest and that I may not understand everything (English is not my first language) and when knowing that all this was just a fake I feel like going there and tell them to shove it where they want. I also dont like the fact that they didnt tell me everything about the position, I did checked out everything myslef now. Untill today I didnt even know what commision means, and they would not fully explain it to me when I asked. Im starting on Monday, and I am expecting a call from a guy that I spend the first day with. Im thinking that I will just not go and not pick up the phone for the next week.

The worse is that they know where I live (one of the guys remembered me from his door to door sales)... if he tries to come to my house again I will offcourse open the door but this time I will open the door with a hurling stick!
  • Hi, i just set up a facebook page to help get word across about these companies, so any experiences etc will be much appreciated and help spread the word even more :P

links here:
    facebook.com/group.php?gid=103263926378811&ref=nf
    Many thanks :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills