PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Sunday 9th July 2017

2»

Comments

• Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) another couple of late risers.

We are off to the presidents day at OH's old bowls club, it is their 100th birthday, OH wrote their history for them, so he has been invited as a guest.

As we have to be there for 1.30 and will have high tea, I decided to cook bacon, egg, tomato and fried bread for brekkie, which has gone down very well.

We are very near having paid off removal expenses, we have always wanted to go to The Lost Gardens of Heligan, so yesterday I planned a trip down to Cornwall. After this years experience with the caravan holiday I have found a B & B near Looe. I managed to get the last double room for May next year. We will travel to Bristol and stay over night, then carry on down to Looe, we have 5 nights down there and then travel back via Bristol. dhttp://www.penvithbarns.co.uk this is the link to the B & B for those of you who are nosy!! It has a very high satisfaction score, and the breakfast is humongous!! It is time we had a decent holiday for a change. There are a couple of NT properties in the area which we will also visit and there is another 30 acre garden we may also go and see. A trip to Liskard to Trago Mills is also on the cards.Using a booking site we can cancel the booking without cost if we have to, fingers crossed please!!

We have a short trip to Ripon book for this October. Just 3 days. Thats all we can afford with buying the shed.

Its a sunny but cool morning, do not want it to get too hot.........OH does not tolerate heat well these days, neither do I.
  • Good Morning all, scorchio out there today! We woke up early and He Who Knows brought me a lovely cup of tea in bed so I had a lie in, bliss! We were up early so decided on a trip to the local boot fair and I got several goodies, a new lined oval laundry basket, a really pretty hurricane lamp with a cream metal stand that has flowers and leaves coming up the outside of the glass, an oval willow pattern meat platter, and for the grandsons a 'Madagascar' Album, a beautiful Lemur soft toy (Zebras favourite animals at the zoo) and for their stockings a Brittains big Reindeer and Polar Bear but by the time we left at 9.30 the temperature was up over 30 degrees and getting warmer by the minute. We diverted to the fishing lake that He Who Knows wants to visit tomorrow and had a lovely walk round it in the shade, no one fishing there today and he wanted to see which places had some shade at that time of day, It was so tranquil and pretty with shady willows and gorgeous pink water lilys blooming in the lily patches, now home having coffee as we were too early for the Garden Centre where we sometimes go on Sundays.

Not much planned for today, all jobs were done yesterday including the ironing so an easy day ahead for a change. The most energetic happening will be picking the blackberries from the bushes at the top of the garden to have for pudding this evening.....it's a hard old life but someone's got to it!!!

Have a nice day and stay cool everyone, xxx.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone
    Well it's overcast today but it is so muggy, almost airless.
    I slept well last night, went to bed at 10pm and woke at 10am and only had one loo break about 5am, must have needed that !
    Dad coming today so we are having roast lamb etc. and the veg is already prepped.
    I have a load in the WM as I am trying to keep the chores down because we have a busy week and we are away again next Saturday, for the week.
    Right WM has finished so will hang it out.
    Hugs to all the poorlies and enjoy the rest of Sunday.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all, still quite hot here but a bit of a breeze so more comfortable. I was too hot in the night, gave up trying to go back to sleep at 4 and came down.
    Washing machine is on, nearly finished. I am cooking ribs tonight because I don't much feel like making Sunday dinners when it is hot.
    JackieO, take care of yourself, I know you love taking care of your family but you need to be cared for too xx
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Afternoon all,

just walked in. Needed to go to the shopping centre this morning and i had a meeting to go to this afternoon concerning my local area. A community support group was set up and had asked for ideas of how our local council could improve... i gave them a long list of issues and concerns. I was interviewed on camera... i hope they got my best side.:D I was introduced to the main council housing manager and a councillor who i need to email later who was particularly interested in the solutions i had to one of my issues.

Hubby and i have had words over Prodigal. He says he is taking advantage and ive got to tell him to sling his hook or he will. I'm ashamed to admit to how much my shopping bill came to on Friday. A lot down to extra bits for Prodigal. If anyone has any ideas as to how to harden my heart they would be appreciated as i know the 'talking to' will come better from me than hubby. Talking about Prodigal, he's got a meeting with a mental health advisor tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Nothing planned for the rest of the day. Thats how i like it. Ive done enough already.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks to JackieO for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

It's wet and grey here today and none too warm so apart from feeding the birds and bin emptying in I've not strayed. My balance really hasn't settled that well post-ear infection so apart from running the gauntlet of washing my hair and changing my bed I've not done much and slept for a couple of hours this afternoon which I feel the better for. Looking forward to a steak dinner tonight and a couple of glasses of wine before I start the new meds tomorrow and will need to avoid alcohol for the next month or so....

Hope everyone has a good day x
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,026 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    As predicted my day has been quiet. I lay in bed much much longer than ever before (bar illness) before getting up to read my book, and then:

I filled, turned on and emptied the dish washer.
    I gave the flowers fresh water.
    I admired the growth of my pea shoots.
    I browsed for information about Iceland - thinking about a wee visit.

It's still cold, wet, miserable and dull here. Tomorrow it may be dry but cloudy. :j
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'll come to Iceland with you Here, it's too hot here.

I've just nipped to the local bar to use their internet, mine doesn't want to work here.

Cycled 12 k today to the big beach then decided then it was too hot and busy so came back again!

Take care. Xx
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Gers wrote: »
    As predicted my day has been quiet. I lay in bed much much longer than ever before (bar illness) before getting up to read my book, and then:

I filled, turned on and emptied the dish washer.
    I gave the flowers fresh water.
    I admired the growth of my pea shoots.
    I browsed for information about Iceland - thinking about a wee visit.

It's still cold, wet, miserable and dull here. Tomorrow it may be dry but cloudy. :j

Sometimes that is just what a Sunday is for...
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills