PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Built in cooker just gone bang

13»

Comments

• Miss_Samantha
    Miss_Samantha Posts: 1,197 Forumite
    No, you cannot get re-imbursed...

How would you cope if you were an owner-occupier?
  • Harryp_24
    Harryp_24 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hiya,

I live in a private rented house, went to put the oven on for kids tea & it tripped the main switch. Have put it back on but oven not working.

Have phoned letting agent & as usual I am still waiting for them to get back. Knowing what they are like if I am lucky they might phone back tomorrow.

My autistic son is very particular about what he eats (he lives off oven chips waffles everything that goes in the oven) Just wondered if this goes on for a particular time & I need to buy takeout chips or micro meals for the older 2 can I be reimbursed?

reimbursed because you feed your son only chips? are you having a laugh?
  • With two autistic sons who would rather not eat than eat what they aren't into at the time, I totally sympathise. Remember the problems well.

I have a 10 year old and a 20 year old, both diagnosed. The 20 year old will now eat normally and almost anything although will still suddenly decide something is off the acceptable list.

My younger son is very restricted as to what he will eat.., and will go hungry willingly if its not something on his list.

I still remember the days when older son was 8, and wouldn't eat anything but shop bought sandwiches.., even if I packaged up sandwiches, they wouldn't do. Was on income support (took nearly a year to get DLA) so was my daily nightmare affording them. I lived on toast, literally.

OMG thought mine was bad...Up until 6 months ago he did eat a tablespoon of mashed potato & 1 broccoli head with his sausage/chicken etc but the inevitable happened threw up once & refuses to eat it now. It is so hard but his dietician said in the end he needs the calories so give him what he eats.

No, you cannot get re-imbursed...

How would you cope if you were an owner-occupier?

Obviously if i owned the house I would get it sorted, I have 4 weeks left here & LL is going to rip the kitchen out once I am gone !!
  • Harryp_24 wrote: »
    reimbursed because you feed your son only chips? are you having a laugh?

If you had read an earlier post you might get it but here it is...f you knew where abouts my son is on the spectrum you would know that doesn't work. He has had an issue with food since he was small, I have learnt over the years that he would go hungry for days, anything that passes his lips that he doesn't like he will throw up. He is underweight as it is we have had dieticians working with us & never got anywhere. His take on food is so complex that the meltdowns & anxieties around food are unbearable. He is 15 so I have spent years on this:(
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    People who are quoting various prices for replacement elements have not taken the make and model of the unit into account and there is a huge price difference.

A grill element for my cooker is at least £100, without fitting ,so as a new kitchen is due, I'm making do with a toaster and George Foreman grill. (It's going as a freebie on Freegle, though, as the halogen hob and fan oven are excellent.)
  • Riggyman
    Riggyman Posts: 185 Forumite
    If you had read an earlier post you might get it but here it is...f you knew where abouts my son is on the spectrum you would know that doesn't work. He has had an issue with food since he was small, I have learnt over the years that he would go hungry for days, anything that passes his lips that he doesn't like he will throw up. He is underweight as it is we have had dieticians working with us & never got anywhere. His take on food is so complex that the meltdowns & anxieties around food are unbearable. He is 15 so I have spent years on this:(

But that is not your landlords problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport