IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Capital 2 Coast FCN ticket

Options

Comments

• tracywimbledon
    Options
    ok, thank you. So from that I assume it should be safe to just ignore the letters from debt collectors then ? In the hope / assumption that its highly unlikely the car park company (Capital 2 Coast) will take this to court ?
  • dazster
    dazster Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    ALWAYS ignore letters from debt collectors.
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You will continue to get debt collector letters in ever more desperate and threatening language and big scary red font, but they cannot take you to court. They can only threaten that they may just recommend to the PPC that they may perhaps possibly consider recommend taking court action. Maybe.

Ignore and file away safely.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    C2C are ex-clampers, they and their ilk are considered by many posters to be knuckle-draggers of little brain, highly unlikely to try court:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203629601-One-Parking-Ltd-Trading-As-Capital-2-Coast-Parking-Management-

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203589972-Debt-Recovery-Plus-Ltd-also-t-as-Parking-Collection-Services-Zenith-Collections

HTH, come back if you get court papers but not various debt letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tracywimbledon
    Options
    Morning all,

Following on from the below threads, which date back to last year, I thought this one had finally gone away. But now it appears not – help ! The company assigned to taking care of the car park (private land) have passed (“sold”) the debt onto a company called MIL COLLECTIONS (based in Truro) who are now threatening further action via a small claim.

What do you think ? Should I still ignore ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Check on this forum and PePiPoo for MIL cases. Loads of them. Your case needs to be defended to avoid a default judgment against you. All are generally handled in the same way and, where properly defended, the vast majority are withdrawn by MIL before they get to court. Make a note of the time you spend in dealing with this as judges are awarding costs against MIL where they have withdrawn.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=60

This won't go away without you heading it off.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • tracywimbledon
    Options
    Thanks - which part / line do I need to look at ? Can I do this myself ?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok , goto google , type in "parking prankster mil" and start reading pranksters views on them

search this forum and pepipoo for "mil" , especially read any posts by HO87 , who is clued up on this company and explains their flaws well

the mil scenario has been going on for a couple of yrs , solisitors based in truro who are buying up alleged parking debts for coppers , hoping to frighten people into paying , or indeed get default wins due to people moving house , and having to pay MIL (credit clamping)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • tracywimbledon
    Options
    ok - thank you, so what should I do ? Will they take this to court, as they have threatened ? (There is a statement in bold on their letter, saying "DO NOT UNDER-ESTIMATE THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS LETTER") . I don't want to involve solicitors which would be costly, but I can't defend myself in court ..... do I need to write back to MIL ? What should I say ?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    something smells in brighton! (not one of our members tho)

capital 2 coast , seem to be doing the dead parrot sketch , dead deceast , gone , no more https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06659495/officers

cant seem to find them at the IPC

however one of its board Gavin Stuart PRICE has links to (or ex) https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/7VTIXL8_xF3iRAqDoRz_Hok1OpQ/appointments

the fact that they are desolved may make it hard for MIL to produce document's
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family