HotCrazyDeal.com

Comments

• dayvan_cowboy
    dayvan_cowboy Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 12 December 2013 at 12:49AM
    Hi, I too purchased the Oyster deal on 26th November after seeing it on fb, and have been reluctant about this ever since I registered. However, although I did email them the receipt of the oyster credit I purchased, I have only been charged for the £4 the deal was bought for and no money has been taken from my account since the date I made the purchase. How soon did any of you get debited £29.90 as so far they've not taken any more money from my account but is that only to occur 30 days after the purchase on the 26th?

Thankfully (I think, thankfully) I unsubscribed straight away after making the initial purchase and in the email it said "Your membership will not be charged on the next billing cycle." Hopefully that means I won't be charged £29.90 each month? It won't allow me to log in anymore, is that a good sign? HELP! :o
  • i also use £4 brought the oyster deal, and i received the cash back £30 after 3 weeks. But they charged me the membership fee £29.90! Now i want to terminate the membership but i can't found where can cancel the account.... i don't want they charge me again.... Just email to them said i want to cancel the membership, i don't know when they will reply me.... >.<
  • good news! i just received their email, they help me unsubscribed. ^.^

Hello ,
    You have successfully unsubscribed from HotCrazyDeal Premium services on 01/01/1970.

Your membership will not be charged on the next billing cycle.
    For further assistance with HotCrazyDeal, please email to contact@hotcrazydeal.com or call our hotline at 0808 178 8940 (Monday - Friday: 9am to 7pm, Toll Free)

Thank you for choosing HotCrazyDeal as your shopping partner.
    HotCrazyDeal Team
  • Hi all,

I finally got through to a human on their number and requested a full refund of the deal and the "membership" I didn't authorised, that I actually had no idea about. I closed the account on the basis that they have not honoured their deal!!

Previous to this I have put in a dispute of the charges with my bank, given I couldn't get hold of anyone. So hotcrazydeal has 1 week (their time frame) to issue the refund or I will continue with the dispute.

Hope this helps!!
  • It looks like they are scamming Oyster, major supermarkets etc into giving them refund vouchers and then flogging them onto the punter. The terms and conditions of these things always say that they are non-transferrable and so the odds are that you will be caught out if you use them enough to make the £30 monthly subscription worthwhile!

I am 80% sure that it is fraud if you use such vouchers and if you are using them enough to make a £30 subscription to Panama worthwhile, the supermarkets may think it is worthwhile reporting you to the police!
  • I still never received the £30 cashback after purhasing the offer, however I've not been charged the £29.90 because I unsubscribed before the 72 hour deadline, and it's been way over a month since the whole subscription happened. Either way, i'm pleased i've not encountered the monthly charges but would still like the money I bought the deal for, as I was charged £4 originally. Is it worth still contacting them for the £30 or not?
  • AMO wrote: »
    Is this website a scam?

I can't find any reviews on the internet and yet their deals seem to be better than Groupons.

Thanks.

they still continue to charge monthly membership even if you unsubscribe, your bank can't do anything about it
  • cat830122 wrote: »
    good news! I just received their email, they help me unsubscribed. ^.^

hello ,
    you have successfully unsubscribed from hotcrazydeal premium services on 01/01/1970.

Your membership will not be charged on the next billing cycle.
    For further assistance with hotcrazydeal, please email to contact@hotcrazydeal.com or call our hotline at 0808 178 8940 (monday - friday: 9am to 7pm, toll free)

thank you for choosing hotcrazydeal as your shopping partner.
    Hotcrazydeal team

last month i was helping a friend about it, managed to get the same letter but guess what happened today, another charge, same amount... The crazy thing here is that your bank cannot really deal with that as their job is just calculating money in money out
  • hi, i too purchased the oyster deal on 26th november after seeing it on fb, and have been reluctant about this ever since i registered. However, although i did email them the receipt of the oyster credit i purchased, i have only been charged for the £4 the deal was bought for and no money has been taken from my account since the date i made the purchase. How soon did any of you get debited £29.90 as so far they've not taken any more money from my account but is that only to occur 30 days after the purchase on the 26th?

Thankfully (i think, thankfully) i unsubscribed straight away after making the initial purchase and in the email it said "your membership will not be charged on the next billing cycle." hopefully that means i won't be charged £29.90 each month? It won't allow me to log in anymore, is that a good sign? Help! :o

we've got same message after our bank managed to talk to them but today we say another charge, same "membership" 29.90 fee, i'd say the only way is claiming a card loss
  • cat830122 wrote: »
    i also use £4 brought the oyster deal, and i received the cash back £30 after 3 weeks. But they charged me the membership fee £29.90! Now i want to terminate the membership but i can't found where can cancel the account.... I don't want they charge me again.... Just email to them said i want to cancel the membership, i don't know when they will reply me.... >.<

we also got that oyster deal but never get £30 back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport