NST Muddy March Marathon

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi
    I've had a bit of a social media sabbatical just by being too busy to get on :p
    So sorry to read your sad news Toni'sfriend. Hope you're doing as well as you can be at the moment - one day at a time.
    I'm doing ok - just busy and tired (already). Work is a bit hectic and I wish I was sleeping a bit better at the moment. Need lots more rest and wellbeing in my life at the moment...
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hey

So, use it or lose it - I always use last dregs of tinned/jarred products like tomatoes by rinsing last bit out of the jars and adding it to the dish. Nothing there ever gets wasted.

Today hasn't been a NSD - but I'm okay with that, tomorrow, Thursday and Friday should all be NSD though. I'm hoping to be at 7 NSD by Monday.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 March 2017 at 8:07PM
    Options
    Evening everyone!

Today I am grateful for:
    • Having a sense of humour
    • For staying calm in a potentially stressful situation
    • A colleague feeling she can confide in me
    Today = NSD number 4

Use it or lose it : (Mon) De-cluttering - I'm actually pretty minimalist - the one area that remains to go through, is all my work notes. In the past, I've done courses and got articles to read and I just need a month off to sit down and sort, digest and/or shred. Mammoth task! I may just try and do an hour on Sat/Sun. Otherwise, my bedroom and desk are immaculate and symmetrical! Haha!
    Use it or lose it : (Tue) Food waste - previously have been shocking at letting salad/yogurt/cottage cheese etc go passed the point of no return - but am getting better. I eat the weirdest concoctions these days to use stuff up haha.

Wellbeing : (Mon) Social Media Sabbatical - I am no longer on FB/Twitter/Instagram etc etc. I got fed up of people posting trite on my wall, and having people around work who had requested to be friends, barely acknowledge me in real life lol. I don't miss it one bit.
    Wellbeing : (Tue) Goals - I've tweaked them at the start of the month for this month's challenge. In the short-term... Getting back into a regular eating well/exercise/mindfulness routine again is my priority.

Mothernerd - Great post about why we keep things. My mother loves her ornaments and is quite sentimental - and I'm not. I'd much rather things go to a charity shop for someone who a) likes them b) has room. I keep letters written, and an odd trinket but that's it. Minimalism and functionality all the way haha!

Calling14 - I'm well impressed! I promised myself I would go on a date this month, and haven't even thought about it. I need to get my !!! in gear and see who's out there haha! How did you meet yours? Dating site? Randomly? Keep us posted!!!

MrsHubbard - I was born about 10 minutes from the Trafford Centre and all my family still live there, although I live elsewhere now. I think you did very well on your trip out and that meal was pretty good for 3 of you. Last month's trip to a cocktail/tapas bar set me back £27 for just me! PS. Note name colour crisis happening here again haha!!!

Eager_Elephant - Congratulations on clearing the credit card!!! That is awesome news!!!

f0xh0les - I'm still chuckling about your visit from SiL haha!!! "...They are crazy neurotic people" Haha!

I have a lovely chilled evening planned. Enjoy yours folks!!!

:)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 March 2017 at 9:10PM
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Just a quick post for me today as I'm not feeling great so going to hit the sack very soon.

Polished off the book I was reading today, it was one of my own. I've got a couple of others to read and I think I'll concentrate on these rather than my library books as they are quite recent and I will get just over £5 with Ziffit if I sell them quick. I can then use that money towards my debt.

Speaking about debt I paid just over £23 on one of my credit cards today. I'm trying to reach £1000 on the 'Pay all debt off by Christmas 2017' before my payday arrives on the last day of the month. I also completed some surveys to help me along on my debt free journey.

I was naughty and bought chippy chips for lunch today, a whole £2 but they were delicious :)
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a good day at work, for sunshine, for a useful trip to the solicitor that cost me nothing, for getting home in time to collect dd from school, for a good chat with big sis, for my legs hardly hurting at all now after friday's workout, for the rugby to look forward to this weekend, for dd being confident about her dance routines for her exams, for dh plotting my route to a new hospital with dd, for a good book to read.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Woohoo - another NSD taking me to 3!!
    Did buy some vitamins for DH but class this as medical as they do keep his health in check.

Use up tip - I no longer peel parsnips and carrots, I just cut them up and use them (obviously if there is any black bits I would cut that out!!). I read somewhere that there are a lot of vitamins and minerals in the skin as well.
    Also I chop up the broccoli stalk and cook that with the carrots - tastes the same as the head of broccoli.
    Can't believe I used to waste it - been doing the broccoli trick about a year now.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. Having the next 5 days off work
    2. Popping to see my neighbour for a catch up
    3. Lovely farmer digging out the ditch surrounding the allotments
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    NSD number 6 for me:D
    Used up some craft stuff to make a birthday card for my daughter.
    Friend fetched a chicken and bacon sandwich round,so had that for tea (free food).
    Got £30 of Arg*s vochers from survey site.

I use cauli and broccoli stalk as well Lots of flavour. Any leftovers are covered in cheese sauce the day after.Often make leftovers on purpose;)

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 994/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 20/20
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SFD today, had a trip to the vets but this is going to be a biweekly event and I have set aside funds in advance.

Work very stressful and have been in a state of high anxiety all evening as I've tried to juggle dog walking, marking, vets, cooking and eating dinner and planning all my lessons for tomorrow, plus two meetings after school. Hoping to get a good night's sleep and forget it all exists!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • The_Only_Girl
    Options
    NSD number 6 today. Dinner was from using up stores, cooked a big batch of beef stew good enough for 2 packed lunches and tomorrow evening meal. Made up of 1 kg of beef that I bought last week (yes), last pieces of potatoes in the fridge, and frozen peas and carrots bought a few weeks ago (ys for 9p) last piece of bell pepper. Next shop is scheduled for Thursday after work, using my last £15.

I had a very busy and challenging day at work, although it is quite productive. Managed to accomplish loads. As a result however, my heel fasciitis is waging war against me. So for my well being session, I spent another couple of hours with my Brother, finishing my toile for my pusy bow blouse. Can't wait to work on my fabric from my stash, which is a fabric gifted to me by my fellow sewing learner.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have been busy reading posts on a daily basis but failed to post - must improve.
    Toni's friend so sad to read your news.

Still slowly working through contents of the kitchen, can you tell what a hoarder I am (10 tins of baked beans still to go!), really considering what I need to buy rather than heading off to the shops, or placing an online order, and picking up what I think I need to.
    Managed 3 NSDs so far but overall spending for the month is well under budget as aiming to pay off credit/storecards to start the next financial year in a position to save an EF for the household.
    Wellbeing need to go back to basics - starting with a sensible bedtime, healthier food choices, drinking sufficient water and increasing activity levels.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport