Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• Fizzy11
    Fizzy11 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Fair enough Lucky though sometimes there aren't reasons for seizures as we all know.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well done on the 3.5 stone award! As for Mr Lucky - who ate all the pies :) Glad you had a nice day today.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Evening all!

Somewhat of a quiet day today. Swimming this morning then DS1 went to a friend's house and we took DS2 to the GP as his poorly eye has flared up again:(. Antibiotics and eye drops for the second time this year!

Bit of bike riding for the boys late afternoon and then I went to Clubbercise. Last one til September :(. Starting to think DH may have cracked a rib during his seizure as he is still in pain. Will make him get checked out tomorrow if no better as I know they can't do anything for ribs (if that's what it is), but they could give him something for the pain.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Cracked ribs are mega painful, poor Mr Lucky :( And poor DS2 and his eye :(. What a pair, hope they're both feeling better soon xx. Hope you're ok xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Big well done on the 3.5 stone award and DS1s handling of the seizure, you seem quite upset that the seizure happened at all but he did have a lot of warning signs in the days running up to it so if that becomes a new pattern at least you can plan!

Sorry no advice on the job, seems to be pros and come of staying/leaving. Is there any reason you don't do more of your weekly shop at asda to use your discount card? Or any chance of working a few hours in tesco instead? Getting your 'me time' is important but they don't always treat you the best there do they? Alternatively, maybe once the debt is gone you could afford to spend a bit of money on your 'me time' instead of working to earn it?? Just a thought.....
  • DH has cracked a rib so nothing they can do. Just has to rest and continue with pain killers.

Social worker coming out re DH's assessment/carers assessment on Tuesday!

DS2 passed his swim level :D. Next one booked for next week.

1st of the month means debt calculation ... £1570! Looking forward to being sub £1.5k next month.

Nicky, the problem with DH's warning signs is that they are regularly there in one form or another and do not always turn into a seizure. I did see a strong pattern building this time, but then nothing for 3 days so I thought it was just a false alarm. More fool me Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,551 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Touch to the ribs - I tore the muscle years ago between rubs and it was agony and there's nothing you can do as you can't rest them :-(

Could you swop yourcasda shift to one during the day when DH is with friends ? I go to work for a bit of escapism me time.
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,126 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news on debt :j

Happy August Lucky & friends :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Brilliant news on the debt :j

Now enjoy the school holidays ☺
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    :kisses3::love:

Hey darling, I hope you are being kind to yourself. Missy Hinge had a break of 15months with no seizures and we really thought we had it cracked, nothing like a seizure filled curve ball to keep you on your toes. I hope you and Mr Lucky are doing ok and that he is not too sore today.

3.5stone award :j:j I barely recognised you with such a slender looking derier! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

you really are amazing and doing fantastic with your debt repayments! :beer: Here's to becoming sub £1.5k :T:T

Much Love

Mrs H xx
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills