IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

do parking eye take you to court?

hi all

i thought that parking tickets/fines from private enforcement company s were just invoices, yet i read in the forum that parking eye really do take people to court.

would someone please clarify this
thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Yes

They are litigious

But you have not read here that court cannot be the outcome of not paying these invoices!!

Any creditor has that option over unpaid invoices.

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings
  • qaz
    qaz Posts: 63 Forumite
    sorry but i dont understand what you are saying
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Well the first sentence does answer the question you posed!!
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 January 2018 at 2:24PM
    Parking eye are one the the most aggressive company's putt there in terms of taking people to court.
    Don't worry, you're in the right place.

first of all, why did your vehicle get a parking ticket, and in who's car park?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    PE, at their most litigious a few years ago, were issuing 30,000 (yes, thirty thousand) court claims a year. They’ve ‘cooled’ more of late, but in the past 3 years they actually processed the following numbers through the courts.

2015 - 1,336
    2016 - 1,468
    2017 - 1,080

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/ParkingEye.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • qaz
    qaz Posts: 63 Forumite
    no ticket yet , its at aldi, but i come close to forgetting as i sit in cafe after my shopping. so im assuming that this would be a invoice and theres no need to act on it ....or not. seems that there is need to act maybe
    thanks for info
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    fortunatly we have not seen any claims by PE on ALDI property , possably aldi do not want to be associated in c court claims?

if indeed the land was singularly ALDI then things might be better for you
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    qaz wrote: »
    no ticket yet , its at aldi,

Then the answer is no, as pappa golf says, they don't sue at Aldi sites, at all, ever, in our years of experience.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • A driver had an issue with Aldi a few months ago when his son incorrectly entered his vehicle details into the machine (and helpfully told him the next day).

the driver returned to the store the following day and spoke to the manager. He told the driver not to worry, retain his receipt, and that if they did make contact, to return to the store with the receipt and he would help deal with it.

To date the driver has received no contact.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    A driver had an issue with Aldi a few months ago when his son incorrectly entered his vehicle details into the machine (and helpfully told him the next day).

the driver returned to the store the following day and spoke to the manager. He told the driver not to worry, retain his receipt, and that if they did make contact, to return to the store with the receipt and he would help deal with it.

To date the driver has received no contact.

probably due to the defective ANPR camers settup that failed to read his plate on entry or exit , due to another car blocking it
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family