Aqua card - credit limit highier than £3750

12346»

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    john1002 wrote: »
    £4450 for me having had the card just over 12 months.
    Same here, I've had mine only a little longer.

Good value for the reward card.
  • PJHilder
    PJHilder Posts: 155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aqua will sometimes offer you BT deals. Was going to close mine but they offered 4.9% for 6 months.
  • Andybez38
    Andybez38 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm currently on a credit limit of £4450 after 1 year & 3 credit limit increases. I have found aqua to be generous with their limits, if you keep your account in good order.
    I came into this world with nothing and I'm gonna leave with nothing.
  • I kept getting declined by them, only showing as 10% on all the eligibility checkers.

Stuck an application through for the Reward Card in November 2016 just for the fun of it.... (about the 15th one in that 12 months) to see what happened (bearing in mind I had 90 odd searches at the time). Referred, as per usual.... but amazingly, a credit card dropped through my door.

£900 starting limit too (higher than the limit I defaulted with a few years previously!)

Asked for an increase to £1,500 in January, as £900 isn't really enough, especially if trying to keep utilization of each card < 50%. They declined it and went on about how affordability was assessed at application so must be correct etc etc, try again after 6 months.

Asked again in May, this time for £1,750, which I thought would be a fair increase. They gave me £1,950, effective immediately. So an increase of £1,050, the day after my 7th statement, but only by request. My 1st statement was very low value as it was within 2 days of the card arriving!

Can you only hold one from NewDay? I'm still 10% chance for all Aqua cards. Tried the Amazon one just to get the £20 voucher and they said no on the soft search.

Spent about £4k on it, so will probably hit £25 in cashback by the end of the year.

As they seemingly don't want to auto increase me, and I'm stuck with these 2 cards for the next year at least, I'm tempted to just keep asking for £500 every few months and seeing what happens....

Current util is 13% on Cap1, 38% on Aqua - so I'd imagine any manual increases would be declined due to relatively low usage, they'd know I'm just trying to bump my file!
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 10:28AM
    A4445 wrote: »
    Imagine how much the interest would be if you owed at £4450 @ 34.9% crippling!
    A4445 wrote: »
    A rough estimate would be £1500 per year in interest!

Many people are using credittcard as a method of payment and not intended to get a loan. If you want a loan, in general it is cheaper to apply for a loan rather than using credit card.

So interest here is irrelevant as you will never pay interest if you clear your statement balance in time.
  • adindas wrote: »
    Many people are using credittcard as a method of payment and not intended to get a loan. If you want a loan, in general it is cheaper to apply for a loan rather than using credit card.
    Completely agree with both those points
    adindas wrote: »
    So interest here is irrelevant as you will never pay interest if you clear your statement balance in time.

I don't agree it's irrelevant - it's still important to be aware of, and if the user can switch to a prime card at any point in the future, then to take it.

I say that purely because you never know what life will throw at you.

At the monthly peak, my combined max balances on credit cards is about £1,300. Part of that is to 'play' the 50 odd days interest free, part of it is just normal spending.

If something were to happen that ment I could not pay my full balance back immediately, I'd have no choice but to make the minimum payment (or more), but thus incur interest at the rate of the card.

For me, that's Aqua Reward @ 34.9%, and Cap1 Platinum @ 29.84%. I know both of those use risk-based pricing, so my rate may be lower than others.

If I had £1,000 on a card, and couldn't repay in full next month, I'd be happier knowing it's on the Cap1 than on the Aqua. I'd be much happier knowing it's on the Cap1 or Aqua than say a Tier H Vanquis Card @ 79.9%!
  • Just got a aqua card with a very checked credit history...I have a CCJ that drops off my report on the 1st Sep 2017 and then I'm more or less credit report good.

They gave me a 900 pounds limit which is far higher than I expected from them.

Looking at the credit limits listed here it would be truely shocking to carry a high balance on a month to month basis
  • hign10pines
    hign10pines Posts: 380 Forumite
    Got mine 03/09/14. opening balance £100, July 2015 increase to £200, nothing since :(
    Student nurse 2018 to 2020
    Debt: DMP (with Payplan) £8194 - 6.6 years left
  • Got mine 03/09/14. opening balance £100, July 2015 increase to £200, nothing since :(

From your signature, you seem to carry quite a bit of debt. Most likely too big a risk for them to offer increases.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Capital one another low tier provider, originally gave me a low limit I think was £250, from automated increases within a few years it had over a 6k limit, so I guess the potential is there, however the increases did eventually stop.

Some argued with me saying its impossible for a classic capital one with such a limit but they kept pumping it up. Its a good sign they have kept increasing it as it means you are now a desirable customer for cc companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure