Get-Iplayer broken don't use..

Just a heads up.

Think their are a few people here that use the programme so...

The BBC have temporarily shutdown (we hope!!!) a feed that Get-Iplayer uses to grab show information from.

So at the moment the programme won't download schedules.

You can download programs directly if you know it's PID

Read a bit more here :

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/announcement-20.html
Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"

Comments

• mro
    mro Posts: 813 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    S0litaire wrote: »
    Just a heads up.

Think their are a few people here that use the programme so...

The BBC have temporarily shutdown (we hope!!!) a feed that Get-Iplayer uses to grab show information from.

So at the moment the programme won't download schedules.

You can download programs directly if you know it's PID

Read a bit more here :

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/announcement-20.html
    This happens occasionally, I suspect something breaks on BBC end that get_iplayer uses. You couldn't download programmes even with PID, as well as schedules.

You can see radio schedules on BBC website & get the programme PIDs there, just go to the programme or hover over web link to see the PID.
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    mro wrote: »
    This happens occasionally, I suspect something breaks on BBC end that get_iplayer uses. You couldn't download programmes even with PID, as well as schedules.

You can see radio schedules on BBC website & get the programme PIDs there, just go to the programme or hover over web link to see the PID.

That's ok for indevidual downloads, but it brakes the automated feature of the pvr function.

I've a cron job to automatically download overnight
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Didn't know this was a thing, can't imagine the BBC are very happy with it.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • S0litaire
    Strider590 wrote: »
    Didn't know this was a thing, can't imagine the BBC are very happy with it.

They are ok with it (in a don't ask don't tell kind of way) they know it exists and have helped the original developer in the past.

But the fact the developer has made sure that nothing in the software circumvents the geo-location restrictions of the BBC websites (if you're outside the UK the program can't download anything from the BBC servers.) means the BBC puts up with it.

Remember we've paid to watch these shows already(if you have a valid TV license that is!) this is just another method to get them.
    Laters

Sol

• buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There used to be a standalone PC program that was easier to install and more point-and click for radio only I think. Radio Downloader? It got firmly told to desist by the BBC. Go figure.
  • mro
    Is get_iplayer for radio programmes working ?

Noticed playing radio programmes today, I got notice that you will have to login sometime in future, so seems BBC is making changes which may affect get_iplayer.

v2.97 on desktop Pc stopped working yesterday Thu morning, was working Wed evening into Thu.

v2.94 on laptop stopped working end of April (Mon 24/4/17 late evening)
  • S0litaire
    mro wrote: »
    Is get_iplayer for radio programmes working ?

Noticed playing radio programmes today, I got notice that you will have to login sometime in future, so seems BBC is making changes which may affect get_iplayer.

v2.97 on desktop Pc stopped working yesterday Thu morning, was working Wed evening into Thu.

v2.94 on laptop stopped working end of April (Mon 24/4/17 late evening)

You need the latest version. Their was a major change on how it gathers programme information.

Go here and get version 3.01
    https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/index.php
    Laters

Sol

• mro
    S0litaire wrote: »
    You need the latest version. Their was a major change on how it gathers programme information.

Go here and get version 3.01
    https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/index.php
    Is this all working ok before I upgrade ?

I thought my one might have started working earlier today, when I changed MODE switch FLASHAACLOW to HLSAACLOW as I download lower quality streams to get smaller files.

It worked for while, then seems to have stopped, now get "Segment not available from server" error after it downloads for a while, very odd, as it was working for a while.

3714kbps 5.3% 00:02:04 remaining
    Recording: 3.23MB / 59.51MB 3784kbps 5.4% 00:02:01 remaining

ERROR: Segment not available from server (52)
    ERROR: Segment URL: http://cp401492-vh.akamaihd.net/i/prod_af_mp4_heaacv1_48/iplayerstream/p04xr3k8_p04xf8m4_1492065863222.mp4/segment52_0_a.ts
    ERROR: Download aborted at 510 secs in programme
    INFO: skipping hlsaaclow1 mode
  • S0litaire
    Everything is working fine! I've been running it for the past few days with no problems.

The "segment not available" is an error at BBC's end. Usually they fix it quite quickly once it's spotted.

Leave it for an hour or so and try again.
    Laters

Sol

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure