Goofbid sniper no longer free?

Comments

• pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I agree with Gixen. I've used the free version for years and it's never let me down.
  • SteveJW wrote: »
    Anyone know how to delete a Goofbid Account

Thanks

They have a link for that here;

https://www.goofbid.com/close_my_account.html
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've never quite got the significance of having, say, a 2 - 3 second lead time over a 6 second one. At either time interval there is no opportunity for a non-sniper to see your bid and react with a higher one, so you are only competing with other snipes. In which case it is surely better to have the earlier bid as they take precedence. For example if I snipe at 6 seconds for £20 and you snipe at 2 seconds with £20.50 - I win because you are trying to bid below the bid increment, had you sniped at 7 seconds you would have won as I would have been below your maximum bid.

I use Gixen by the way, and have never had a problem with them.

SP

Been there and done that myself, sniping in person not using a service though. I lost an item even though my bid would have been the highest.

"would have" being the operative phrase. My bid was not above the limit of the previous snipe.

ie. £xx bid where the next bid must be 20p more than the last one. My bid was onbly 18p more and because i bid with less than 5 seconds to go there was no chance to alter the bid amount.

If i had gone in a few seconds earlier my bid would have won. All for the sake of 2p and leaving it too late. Did i learn? nope i still do it.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• 1luckystar
    1luckystar Posts: 103 Forumite
    has anyone that uses goofbid for seller history had any issues with the tool? as for the past few days I am not able to see seller history and it is saying 'seller has not listed any items'.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    1luckystar wrote: »
    has anyone that uses goofbid for seller history had any issues with the tool? as for the past few days I am not able to see seller history and it is saying 'seller has not listed any items'.

I contacted Goofbid about this and they say they have been updating there servers and This is something our developers are currently investigating and should be working as normal very soon
  • 1luckystar
    1luckystar Posts: 103 Forumite
    I have sent them mail and they said the same, its working ok now. Glad they fixed it.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2017 at 3:18PM
    They have a link for that here;

https://www.goofbid.com/close_my_account.html

Has anyone tried to cancel / delete the old Goofbid Account and after sometimes around 6 months (say) try to create a new account and the clock for free to use will restart again ??
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If your going to pay for the service i wonder if you can hold them liable for failed bids?
    That doesn't even make sense. A snipe is only as good as the amount you want to pay, there are still plenty more people who will have a better bid already waiting.

Sniping never has and never will guarantee you will win a bid, all snipping does is catch the shillers and people who put in to low a bid but would maybe increase it if they had more time.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    bris wrote: »
    That doesn't even make sense. A snipe is only as good as the amount you want to pay, there are still plenty more people who will have a better bid already waiting.

Sniping never has and never will guarantee you will win a bid, all snipping does is catch the shillers and people who put in to low a bid but would maybe increase it if they had more time.

I believe what forgotmyname means with failed bid here is the fail bid due to technical error from Goofbid although your maximum bid is still well above the final value. If happen quite a few times with Goofbid for unknown reason.
  • *subscribed*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport