EON Smart PAYG Alerts

AndyCF
AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
More a question for an EON rep if possible. I was going to ask directly but it is not important its more an enquiry. :)

Looking at the welcome booklet and the newest 2017 .pdf on page 8 about 'Alerts and reminders'
it says
How to set up alerts and reminders
You can set up free text and email alerts and reminders so you don’t need to worry about forgetting to top up.You can do this on our app, online at eonenergy.com/alerts or you can give us a call on 0345 366 5995.

Balance alerts
You can set this up if you’d like us to contact you when your balance reaches a specified amount.

You can change your alert and reminder preferences at anytime online, through our app or over the phone.

Thing is (bear in mind I do not have a smart phone so no app) there's nowhere that I can see to check / adjust these online as indicated. :) The link given just redirects to the account main page, as its text or email alerts then the IHD might not help with this.

I've not looked at said IHD given what 'setting' I'd be trying to change, as I see that more as a 'planning' thing not as an 'account adjust tool' , to be able to adjust "account level" settings via the IHD would not be good for obvious reasons.

Regarding the alerts themselves: Well I know what mine are set at as I asked for them a bit higher than what the telephone rep suggested as I prefer to keep it in what I'd call a sensible figure but I did want to see for myself.

I promise this is not a trick question! :) Just that I cannot see anywhere online to view or adjust them.

Comments

• AndyCF
    edited 30 November 2017 at 4:49PM
    I got around to asking about this via email yesterday as I was not able to use the online chat a couple of times I tried to due to it being busy.

Anyway the reply was OK but skipped over the part about it being listed in both this year's leafet and the up-to-date .pdf too.

The reply was helpful to be fair :) She did tell me what my 'settings were set at' so a "+1" for that rather than just saying to have them adjusted if needed.

Although: Said reminders are *nowhere near* what I originally asked for and was agreed to when I had a call the other week, so that is I'm afraid "-1" losing the +point above, although I can see how that happened to be fair with all the other 'random things' that were happening at the time.

There is no facility to adjust or view them then it seems which is slightly annoying however as said instructions both printed and downloadable do indicate this, see my quote above straight from the lastest .pdf and this is the correct one for the 'Smart PAYG' one I'm using, I've not grabbed the wrong booklet! :D Note this is the text/email alert not the IHD settings.

Summary is it seems you cannot 'DIY' the alert levels then despite what it written/printed. :) Its no bother to have them adjusted but it does involve a rep rather than being able to do it yourself, saving people's time which is a slight shame.

:)
  • AndyCF
    As much as I hate to reply to my own topic, I wonder can an EON rep confirm (or otherwise) if the facility to actually be able to view and / or set the alert levels for Smart PAYG will appear ?

Its not a complaint honestly, its just it is both in the newest .pdf and in the newest leaflet but there is no means of adjusting or viewing them so something is not quite right here and it is confusing... :)

Thank you! :D
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi AndyCF I'm sorry for not replying sooner.

I've had a word with a colleague here, as we have a department that deal with smart PAYG, this is not my area I'm afraid :o

They've said you would need to log in to your online account , to change the settings for the alerts this would be done the same way that you change your consent preferences.

The smart guys are the best people to talk to about these issues, but I'm sorry you couldn't get through via live chat.

Thank you

Helena

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • AndyCF
    Hi Helena,

That's OK I understand it may not be something you can deal with given its 'account management' as such.

The 'issue' was simply there did not appear to be a way to actually view or change them really despite the instructions :D and the 'direct link' to it does not work (they do know about this part however, I think)

I was going to mail about it again but I do have to call next week (not to complain honest! something unrelated) so I may just ask while I'm on the phone anyway they could no doubt put me through then to the right people if they cannot help.

Appreciate the reply though, thank you. :)
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    AndyCF wrote: »
    Hi Helena,

That's OK I understand it may not be something you can deal with given its 'account management' as such.

The 'issue' was simply there did not appear to be a way to actually view or change them really despite the instructions :D and the 'direct link' to it does not work (they do know about this part however, I think)

I was going to mail about it again but I do have to call next week (not to complain honest! something unrelated) so I may just ask while I'm on the phone anyway they could no doubt put me through then to the right people if they cannot help.

Appreciate the reply though, thank you. :)

Thanks AndyCF,

The main answer I got from it, was that you need to be logged in to your full online account.

But yes, we can certainly pop your through to who you need.

Thanks again.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure