What small DFW things will you do this week - W/C 20 Nov?

Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    I'm back from job spotting and have added another £16 to my balance with about another dozen submissions still awaiting approval. I had to pay for parking but I did a little Christmas shopping while I was there to make the most of it!

What app is it? You just upload pics of jobs?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Washout of a day today as, despite having loads to do here, I had to go over to DD2's and take care of GD again, while DD had a sleep. She is heavily pregnant, the little one is poorly and had her up all night, so I had to go :( Had lots of plans, but got very little done apart from watching Frozen and building Duplo. Oh well, maybe tomorrow... Hope she sleeps tonight! Practice for when the baby arrives I suppose :cool:

Managed to:
    Walk dog twice
    Phone and renew car insurance
    Phone Council to ask them to remove additional bin that has appeared
    Pack 2 ebay sales, in the hope I can get them to the post office tomorrow
    Had to get fuel for the car, cereal for OH and more potatoes as we had run out. Also go to surgery for OH's prescription
    Came back and cooked dinner.
    And that is it - shattered now.

Must go and sort the dishwasher and disaster area that is my kitchen now, hoping for better things tomorrow! Early night beckoning I think!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You sound like you definitely deserve one, Dawn!

CLF, you download the app (it's called Job Spotter and it's to do with Indeed) and then, every time you see a job advertised in a shop window you take two pics, one of the ad and one of the shop front or sign. You uploade it there and then and, once it's verified, you get points which convert into Amazon vouchers (I'm not sure what the conversion rate is though!) You get more points for small, independent businesses like hairdressers/restaurants etc and less for big chains. You can also earn points by verifying other people's submissions. I counted and I did 60 today but that was in a big shopping centre with lots of chains so they were averaging about 30 points whereas the cafe which was my first of the day earned me nearer 100!. I had a couple not accepted as they were apparently duplicates which can happen if someone else gets there before you!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Well today has been very money saving for me as I spent 40 min of my life in Sainsburys just to find I had no purse!! :mad:
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Well today has been very money saving for me as I spent 40 min of my life in Sainsburys just to find I had no purse!! :mad:

How annoying.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Dawn hope today is a bit quieter, your dd is very luck for all that you do for her. My plans today :

Unexpected wfh, hoping to gets loads done so I can at least be off half a day tomorrow.
    Meals from stores
    Make pastry for quiche that I didn’t do earlier in the week
    Man coming to fit skirting and new door, so I’ve already cleared and vacuumed room this morning. My just for diy vacuum wasn’t picking up on the hose, need to look at that.
    Start shopping list for weekend
    Hm fruitbread for breakfast
    Buy something for man to fit today, use vouchers from surveys - my favourite kind of shopping :D
    Text friend to see if she is coming at the weekend so I know if I need to cater for extra and I can be prepared

Think that’s about all for know, hope everyone is ok and those that aren’t postingare doing ok if they are reading Ziggy, determined, ally, CCL, et al
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    You sound like you definitely deserve one, Dawn!

CLF, you download the app (it's called Job Spotter and it's to do with Indeed) and then, every time you see a job advertised in a shop window you take two pics, one of the ad and one of the shop front or sign. You uploade it there and then and, once it's verified, you get points which convert into Amazon vouchers (I'm not sure what the conversion rate is though!) You get more points for small, independent businesses like hairdressers/restaurants etc and less for big chains. You can also earn points by verifying other people's submissions. I counted and I did 60 today but that was in a big shopping centre with lots of chains so they were averaging about 30 points whereas the cafe which was my first of the day earned me nearer 100!. I had a couple not accepted as they were apparently duplicates which can happen if someone else gets there before you!

I'm def going to look into this. I have a few shops locally but I am slap bang in the middle of 2 cities... thanks FVD!
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options

Oooops! I did this in Asda once and had to wait for OH to bring my purse
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 November 2017 at 7:11PM
    Options
    Grrrr.... internet ate the first post and cannot download Lazarus on my work pc

Just to echo Purps - hope that all our missing regulars are ok and just suffering from an influx of Real Life

Yesterday's round up:
    • Meals from plan - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym if up to it but feeling a bit eurgh - went for a walk
    • Log cals in free app - done
    • Reconcile budget sheet - done
    • OH to do the housework - done
    • Crochet - paid work - will write a post about it - done but no post
    • Poss have another look for the Christmas pressie - done
    • No alcohol - done
    • Early night - done
    Today's plan:

• Use hankies instead of tonnes of loo roll - done
    • Meals from plan - done
    • No alcohol - done
    • Log cals in free app - done
    • Go to gym at lunchtime to do some mobility work - done
    • Pinch some more teabags from the top of the work cupboard. Am pretty sure they don't belong to anyone and are a couple of years OOD - done
    • Email gym about overpayment (yep - it's still overcharging me!!) - done
    • Heating off as it's quite mild
    • Crochet and post
    • Start planning next week's meals - done
    • Download job spotter app and look for some jobs!! - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    Have a good one all

clf x
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 November 2017 at 8:30PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    It is very quiet on here this week, isn't it? Hope everyone is ok and just getting on with Christmas preps!
    Hoping no babysitting today, but if I have to, well, there is no point moaning about it! So, tentative plans for today:
    Heating is switched off and the back door is open, as it is weirdly warm... Off all day, but switched back on now so that the bathroom isn't freezing (radiators only on in bathroom, loft conversion, as it is freezing up there, and the airing cupboard)
    If not raining (doesn't look great atm) get out in the garden and continue to work on the raspberry bed :)Finished cutting down the autumn raspberry canes, put compost on about one third of the bed, and started putting up the low fencing panel thingies I bought with vouchers back in the summer. Composted leafy parts of raspberry canes and cut up the woody parts to dry for the wood burner. Every little helps, right? :rotfl:
    Dog walks x 2 Done
    Post office with 2 ebay sales :)Done
    Some housework /tidying - I have already disgorged the contents of the airing cupboard, ready to sort and put away Oops stalled here :o
    Sort fridge out and see what needs using or freezing And here - though a quick glance told me nothing urgent!
    HM meals from stores - I have fish out of the freezer to cook for dinner Done
    Look for surveys A few for onepoll and a couple for Prolific, so far!
    Check banks Not yet
    No plans for spending today :)Nothing spent, must update signature :T

OH a bit better today, slowly improving. Looking forward to that MRI scan next week though, so that we know what is causing it and what can be done!

Better get on with some of it in case I get called away again! Not today, bliss!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure