Goldsmiths jewellers

Can anyone please give me some advice. It was my birthday on 1st August and I have always wanted a Links Of London stardust bracelet and it was on their website in the sale. I had to order it online and it arrived two days later.
It is gold plated but was not concerned as I thought that as Links Of London is a reputable make I would be ok, how wrong I’ve been.
I didn’t wear it every day as have two other gold bracelets but I was quite upset as after two months I noticed all the gold was wearing off. I drove into Eastbourne but found that their shop was now closed. So I took some photos and sent to their customer service on line, I didn’t hear anything so phoned and was told I could either take it it to their store in Brighton or post it. As I was going away for three weeks I said I would take it into their store.
The manager said that he would have to send it back to their head office as they didn’t have an assessor and I have heard back to say it is not covered by the one year warranty and it is fair wear and tear, how can this be correct after owning for just over two months. I have complained and they have said I can pay to get a second opinion from a jeweller they will recommend but I don’t really want to be out of pocket.
Links Of London don’t want to know as I brought it from goldsmiths
Is it a lost cause , I am so cross as I never expected something to,wear away so quickly. I have a watch that is gold plated and that has lasted over 8years.
Any help is much appreciated

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family