Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 August 2017 at 2:59PM
    I neglected to mention the half a sharing bag of minstrels and copious amounts of the small ones treat sweets :o. Obv my weight loss is going well!!!! Have managed to clean all 3 bathrooms, if I do them once a week and swish the toilets in between they're really not too bad, took me ten minutes tops! As opposed to 2 hours like last week! And used the Tesco thin value bleach and a toilet brush, although rank! And id rather just swish some thick bleach down them. I didn't keel over, The toilets seem cleaner than normal and I really like the smell!! And I just bleached the kitchen plug hole too, really stinks! Managed to get the washing in and folded (not put away though) before the rain came. Need to make the pizza dough! Not at all a productive day but have atleast done some! Fighting the urge to go to McDonald's!!! I know it's really !!!!py food and I really have no spare cash for if but am craving it, bl00dy PMT. :eek: we WILL have pizza!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You have done a few jobs today so don't be beating yourself up.

Get the pizza dough made quick :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• missymoo81
    Forumite
    Pizza dough made by the small ones, just about to play Jenga whilst it's rising! So not McDonalds, I'm so hungry! Have just unloaded the DW and reloaded.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,061
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Focus on that lovely, lovely pizza with that tasty basil - deeply envious. Make it early if you are starving, and eat it all :-)
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Focus on that lovely, lovely pizza with that tasty basil - deeply envious. Make it early if you are starving, and eat it all :-)

Thank you so much for posting! I completely forgot about the basil!!!! Bases are crispinf in the oven before toppings. Omg I am soooooo hungry!!!! Just had half a cheese sandwich to keep me ticking over, that will teach me to only eat toast and sweets all day!!!!
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Omg pizza is delish!!! Best I've ever made!!!
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,505
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I always think I could make pizza dough but I'm a bit lazy and just buy them from Aldi 89p.
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Pizzas are 89p really? Wow. I only making pizza as I have bags and bags of bread flour and tons of pepperoni in the freezer!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,061
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 August 2017 at 7:36PM
    You can indeed buy edible pizza for 89p, a useful freezer standby. That said you can also freeze your home made pizza dough, or the made up pizzas (obviously put the pepperoni on when you want to cook rather than refreezing). I used to freeze the dough in portions, the sauce in those ice cube trays, and grated cheese so it was a simple enough make.

Try costing out your HM pizza, and see what you think. When you run out of store cupboard supplies maybe consider the shop ones, your little foodies will notice the difference but you can't beat it the shop bought ones for convenience and to stave off the macdonalds as they take fifteen minutes from frozen if they are thin based.

ETA I always add extra cheese and bits to the shop ones - that basil would lift it beautifully for example.
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Thanks Redo. When budget allows I will get one or two for the freezer. I think I may make some pizza bases and freeze them. Mind you I've been meaning to do it for ages and haven't. Pizza was nice but I didn't let the base rise for long enough and it was s Tony bit over cooked. I like my pizza thin and crispy and although small ones gobbled it up. I think they'd have preferred s thicker base. Oh and more sauce, mine was definitely lacking in sauce. Love HM pizza though does make me feel all wholesome for some reason! Children loved kneading the dough too, although there is flour everywhere! May find the enthusiasm to clear it up tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure