Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 August 2016 at 9:05AM
    TRAY70s wrote: »
    I got back from holiday to be confronted with a final bill from Npower and was told by the ombudsman that Iresa had taken over my energy account. Npower closed my account on 1st August without my consent and gave it to another energy company called IRESA! ? ive never heard of them or dealt with these ppl. It has been nearly a month without knowing that another energy company has my energy/address and personal details!

Can you please give us the full story please? The ombudsman will not consider any complaint unless & until you have allowed the supplier an opportunity to investigate and resolve a complaint themself. Default period is 8 weeks unless the supplier agrees otherwise.

I would suggest npower has not given the supply contract to another supplier, but rather that the other supplier took it over. If you did not agree to this, then you can ask either supplier to return it (I would ask nPower as they are the losing supplier)
    Google 'Erroneous Transfer Customer Charter' for for info

You should have received a 'sorry you are leaving' notification from npower. You are saying you didn't receive that?
    You should have received a welcome note from Iresa. You are saying you did not receive that either?

Hmmm...

I've no idea how Iresa would have got your personal details if you did not provide the supplier with them. :huh:
    Address I can understand. Meter deatils I can understand. But your personal dertails?
    I can assure you it would not be from nPower.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 31 August 2016 at 11:34AM
    TRAY70s wrote: »
    I got back from holiday to be confronted with a final bill from Npower and was told by the ombudsman that Iresa had taken over my energy account. Npower closed my account on 1st August without my consent and gave it to another energy company called IRESA! ? ive never heard of them or dealt with these ppl. It has been nearly a month without knowing that another energy company has my energy/address and personal details!
    In the month between agreeing to switch to Iresa and being supplied by them I received 13 emails from them. These included meter number requests and conformation that I had set up a direct debit, which I had done, and that a payment had been taken. Its surprising to hear they've taken over your supply despite zero contact from you and without informing you throughout the process.

Contact them and ask exactly why they are now your supplier and how they got your personal details. http://www.iresa.co.uk/how-to-contact-us/

Please add their response to this thread as forum users will be interested in how this happened.

Likelihood of this newbie returning?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 September 2016 at 1:26PM
    oldwiring wrote: »

and then I viewed the accounts

I noticed the diminution of the Profit and Loss account between the tow years shown, but leave others to make their conclusions,....

Linky no worky.

But as a new supplier to market, I don't really think there is any merit in looking at suppliers accounts prior to coming to market.Presumably it simply means they do have some good financial backing if they could afford to sustain at least a couple of years of increasing losses whilst they set up the business.

Btw, MSE rules forbid publication of personal details, and that includes company officers - you may want to edit your post before the powers that be see it :)

The MSE rule applies despite the company officer electing to disclose such information himself in his own website
    http://www.iresa.co.uk/our-company/

Yes there does appear to be another couple of companies that this person was an officer of - both set up as IT consulting comapnies. Neither appears to have traded, one of which was with A.N Other, and both appeared to have started to dissolved within about 12 months (although as you say one did last about 2 years before it was dissolved, which was because of an objection launched)

Iresa Limited has been incorporated since 2012
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You say "linky no worky". Well just clicked on it your quote and it worked fine.

Director's name replaced by a more generic term.

I see that the longer lasting co's dissolution was held up. Trouble with dissolutions is they leave everything so vague compared with a winding up.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    oldwiring wrote: »
    You say "linky no worky". Well just clicked on it your quote and it worked fine.
    This links not working. the accounts

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Request has expired</Message><Expires>2016-09-03T10:02:36Z</Expires><ServerTime>2016-09-03T18:26:55Z</ServerTime><RequestId>B73CCB4ABA91A143</RequestId><HostId>6MhL6oeDtqDUPBKyRu924Uk/acrvMs634I6bvCxkk97xVNnuPXwIHI5MWK3Tiw8zM5jvL/J1slA=</HostId></Error>
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Try this instead.
  • Now, whilst I cannot vouch for the company's service, I can tell you that I have today had a job interview with them and understand much more about the company. They're small, but growing fast. They had to stop accepting new customers whilst they ensured the service they provided was top notch. Now, many companies would just take on thousands of customers and handle them badly, but to me, this shows a level of maturity and responsibility. Now that they've made sure everyone is looked after and setup properly, they've reopened the doors again (As per 2 weeks ago).

As a startup, you expect a trend of customer intake + recommendations from customers to friends. They spiked and put people before profit. This is my opinion, I'm not being paid by them (Yet, I may get the job, who knows) but they seem like a seriously good group of people finding their way and bringing great prices. I tried to sign up to them the day before they closed their signup page on the website but figured 'I'll do it tomorrow' and it cost me. Ended up signing up to GB instead.

The guy that interviewed me really knew what he was talking about though, so I just wanted to dispell any myths about this company. If I hadn't missed my cooling off period, I'd be joining them after my learnings today.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Has anyone switched to Iresa recently, since they started taking on new accounts again?

I am considering switching from the current E.on fixed deal to Iresa for our electricity, as they are slightly cheaper, but it will give us another years fix with no exit penalty.

It appears unlikely that E.on (based on current practice) will offer an existing customer a reasonable deal when it comes to the end of the current fix, as they don't appear to be bothered about retaining customer loyalty.

Any update on what Iresa are like to deal with?
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have already begun the process of switching to IRESA and due to go live on 26th October. I was with EON MSE fixed until early October and was in the same boat as many others, facing an uncompetitive price as an existing EON customer. So far the switch has gone smoothly, with quick progress updates and have already paid my upfront DD payment. My deal should cost about the same as the previous EON fix and the option to leave with no penalty will ensure that I keep a close eye on the numerous new deals from the energy companies and comparison sites. I will post any news, good or bad on my experiences.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    bobmac62, great to hear your switching with IRESA seems going well. (there are not many reviews for this new company). I am currently with EDF until March 2017 but am considering IRESA as their prices for gas and electricity are slightly less than I am paying. Do you pay your first DD as soon as you sign up with them? thaks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure