Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 18 November 2015 at 12:25PM
    Karmacat wrote: »
    As to reading mine all the way through - nooooooooooooo! :rotfl: It's not really a conventional debt or even mortgage free diary thread - it mostly just follows my low-cost interests, so its a bit weird :D but I appreciate the thought :j

That's why it's such a lovely place to visit and a joy to read, KC:j. A real tonic sometimes on a bad day:T

Unlike a lot of debt-busting threads (and yours isn't one of those anyway) it's not at all doom and gloomish (apart from the occasional reappearance of the dreaded mould;)) . It's a bit like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, we never know what we're going to get on here:rotfl:. you seem to attract some of the most interesting posters on MSE:T
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    As to reading mine all the way through - nooooooooooooo! :rotfl: It's not really a conventional debt or even mortgage free diary thread - it mostly just follows my low-cost interests, so its a bit weird :D but I appreciate the thought :j

I wouldn't say weird.... more eclectic :D

There's something here for most people and I've picked up all sorts of snippets of information here
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    My mum had one of those microchip cat flaps & it never ever worked properly.
    I have one that my boy has something on his collar to activate it but have still had the very odd problem a while back with other cats coming in.
    The joys of our furry friends :rotfl:
    My boy likes a bit of vet bed to lol on now and then. So easy to wash & dries so quickly.
    http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/vetbed-gold-charcoal
    You can also buy it on a roll.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,683 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Well I confess I know little about cats :o We always had them when I was little - they used to sleep in the shed :o :rotfl: had a litter tray and a bed in there but it wasn't exactly palatial :o I found one of them dead in there when I was a teenager (shhe was old!!) My mum wasn't too sentimental about such things although she's a bit of a softy now - the later two (who were rescued at 5 weeks old after being dumped on the vet's doorstep) were rather spoiled with one of those radiator bed thingies :D

All long gone now, and my mum'squite enjoying her no-pet freedom after all these years :rotfl: She's even replaced the living room carpet now there's nothing to tear it up again :rotfl:
    S
    o no cat-related advice from me, sorry :o

But exciting about only having 41 weeks left!! :j :j that doesn't feel like long at all! I'm sure I remember whe it was 84! :j good idea to avoid burnout too :D :j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 November 2015 at 6:48PM
    What lovely feedback about the thread :o thank you all so much :beer: I think we need some :bdaycake: and some :coffee::coffee::coffee: after that, caff or decaff, as you like :)

I'm going to watch out for the radiator thing and the microchip cat flap ... so far it seems to be a case of going with what's on offer at any one affiliate scheme - PetPlanet, that CBC mentioned, uses a company called Webgains to manage their affiliates - so I think its a case of join one central affiliate place at a time, and see what each has got to offer... Gives me some great ideas though, thank you all :kisses3:

Cheery - thats right, I *did* begin the countdown up in those numbers - horrendous :rotfl: I appreciate you don't have product info, but I absolutely love your cat stories (well, except finding one dead :eek:) ... they're tough, CBC's is a rabbiter. Whereas mine never killed anything bigger than a moth, and even those big spiders were beyond them :rotfl:

I've been watching that pottery programme on the Beeb, via iplayer - not for Demi Moore in Ghost :rotfl: but because of the creativity and because my first fiance was a member of a pottery family and it was just around all the time.
    Not sure how I segued into the above little paragraph - I suppose I was downloading ep 3 today and it stuck in my brain :o all sorts of stuff gets stuck in there ...

Mind you, I've also been sorting paperwork like crazy, its gone mad this year, hidden in all sorts of cubby holes - I've got to start all over again to find out where everything is :o for the tax, for the pension, for new accounts and loans - can't do any of that without knowing what I've got...

50 points for a yougov survey...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Oh, and I have an official diagnosis from the NHS of burnout, which is why my retirement is set in stone. I fully expect that when I retire, my energy levels will return to pre-burnout times, in an age-appropriate way of course :D at which time my writing career will move into fiction, like Rachel Abbott: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rachel-Abbott/e/B0068FBVCW/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_19?qid=1447921349&sr=1-19

:j:j:j

At which point I will buy a camper van with satellite uplink and pootle about the continent :)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,683 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good luck finding your paperwork! Love your last sentence about your camper van and pootling round Europe :D :j :j

I'd love to be good at pottery (I wrote 'pottering' then - I'm plenty good at that! :rotfl: ) The only time I've really tried is at school, we used a kind of coil method to make what was meant to be a kind of hip flask... :rotfl: Mine's absolutely enormous, completely useless for anything, ugly and won't stand up, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Right, I'm Doing Admin ...

1. Finally renewed my professional insurance policy, the last full year I need to do that. Interestingly, I'm now insured for corporate manslaughter!!!

2. Filled in, scanned and am about to send off a request for a future pension assessment :)

3. Am now resuming clickbank analysis :)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I fully expect that when I retire, my energy levels will return to pre-burnout times, in an age-appropriate way of course :D at which time my writing career will move into fiction, like Rachel Abbott: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rachel-Abbott/e/B0068FBVCW/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_19?qid=1447921349&sr=1-19
    So, I read that as 'at which time my wrestling career will move'. Seemed to make perfect sense somehow :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I was very physical as a teenager, it's true ... but that was ballet, dontcha know :D

Am wrestling (geddit? :D) with flow charts at the mo, and have discovered yet more tax-type paperwork in my inbox, of all places :eek: I mean really, why put it there? Daft :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport