Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 368
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 18th Nov 17, 11:13 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Well i spoke to my MA yest who told me that mortgage has been offered & that id receive the paperwork as early as tomorrow (today) but in actual fact it arrived in yesterdays post so i reckon it was actually approved a day or 2 before!
    Anyway just need to read it properly as i was too giddy yesterday i think to take it in
    • SassySaver88
    • By SassySaver88 19th Nov 17, 8:36 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    SassySaver88
    Does anyone feel a bit neglected at the weekends??
    I have hundreds of phone calls usually regarding the mortgage or something to do with the house during the week now complete silence all weekend long.
    On the plus side...Valuation and Homebuyers tomorrow....slightly nervous about the whole thing??

Hows everyone else's experience regarding them?
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 20th Nov 17, 2:01 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Nice one Frarubvio.

We're still waiting on Natwest, tracker shows no updates since 15/11

SS88 - Ours was fine, NW got their valuation quickly, we got the homebuyers report 2 days after it was done and there were no major issues on it, which was good. Hope it all goes well!
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 20th Nov 17, 4:01 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    As far as I know our valuation was carried out on Friday (17/11) - no update on the natwest tracker as yet. It still lists 14/11: 'a valuation has been instructed and we are now awaiting your client's survey report'.

How often is too often to refresh the tracker screen?? Lol.
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 20th Nov 17, 4:04 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    I'm on mine a few times an hour - even though there's been zero change since Wednesday

The waiting part is so frustrating, especially when the vendors estate agent keeps calling for an update
    • creditscoremeansnothing
    • By creditscoremeansnothing 20th Nov 17, 5:10 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    creditscoremeansnothing
    Got my mortgage offer this morning for a buy to let i am purchasing (first time landlord) and i must say Skipton are very efficient and have excellent customer service.

09/11/17 full application submitted
    15/11/17 Application underwritten
    17/11/17 Valuation
    20/11/17 Offer

I originally had an app going with my bank (Hsbc) totally useless, i applied on the 30th October and they are still faffing around with it, i had great delight today telling them to shove it.
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 21st Nov 17, 12:19 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    7/11 Spot a property reduced that afternoon on Rightmove which was previously out of our price range
    7/11 View the house
    8/11 Offer Accepted for £135k
    9/11 New DIP for £135k with Natwest goes through
    10/11 Broker is putting in the full application today
    10/11 Application in
    10/11 Valuation Fee taken from Natwest
    13/11 Valuation and Homebuyers Survey Completed
    13/11 Natwest have lowered the maximum loan they'll give us by £20k - Overtime added to Application
    14/11 Valuation back, matches our offer so that's a relief
    21/11 Broker has updated to say we should expect the offer by email - can't quite believe it!
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 21st Nov 17, 12:39 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    Brilliant news firsttimebuyers!!

So a week from valuation to offer - guess that's more waiting for me then! �� There's no indication on the tracker that my valuation report has even been recieved yet, so who knows whats happening. Tick tock, tick tock.
    • BradZ
    • By BradZ 21st Nov 17, 1:35 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BradZ
    We had our application with Nationwide go in yesterday - got a text from there saying we have recieved your application, we have gone through a broker, anyone know how long it will take? my main concern is us getting accepted for the mortgage, we dont have to pay the valuation fees and from what ive read once the fee has been taken you know you have had it accepted after they have done credit searches, because we dont have to pay for them we wont know. i just want to know if we have been accepted or not, cant help but look at my phone every 2 minutes to see if nationwide have text!. We are FTB using HTB.
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 21st Nov 17, 3:46 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Thank you! Ours was only a week as I apparently had a marker on my account that they needed to look into, and I got anti impersonation forms to sign that I needed to post back.

Offer has been emailed through now, I can't believe it, didn't think anyone would touch us for a 95% mortgage with a bit of historic adverse and some debts - feels real now it's all on paper! Now we await exchange!
    • Kpossible929
    • By Kpossible929 21st Nov 17, 8:21 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Kpossible929
    We submitted our full application last Monday. Valuation was carried out today. MA said my income has been verified, they’re still trying to get hold of Asda to verify the OH’s (she did warn that there might be issues with his as Asda’s payslips are not straight forward (apparently).

So now just to wait to hear back from the valuation. I’m hoping it’ll be quick!
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 21st Nov 17, 9:39 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Thats great news Firstime buyers!
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 21st Nov 17, 9:48 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    For those that have received their mortgage offer from the lender, whats the next bit ? I got my offer on friday and it says on it that my solicitor will send me something to sign ? Havnt received anything yet though?
    Should i be calling my MA ? Im confused
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 22nd Nov 17, 6:02 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    I recieved my mortgage offer today - for £30k less than we need!! Nightmare. The broker keyed the information incorrectly. I have spoken to him, he is going to go back to Natwest 'asap' to inform them of the keying error.
    I'm so frustrated. I had an incorrect KFI earlier on in the process with the same error, pointed this out to the broker who issued a new one and reassured me that there would be no error on the full application.
    He told me when he issued the new KFI that there was no issue with affordability, but now I can't even trust that as I don't know that he put the right figures in the calculator!!
    I know there's nothing I can do but wait for Natwest's response, but honestly I could cry. As if this process wasn't stressful enough as it is!!
    Do you think this warrants a complaint to... whoever is responsible for the broker? (I don't even know who that might be?) I can understand an error, everyone makes them, but to make an error, reassure the client that the error has been resolved, then not pick up on the fact the error has perpetuated for over a fortnight seems more negligent than accidental. Or am I overreacting? Talk me down?

• SassySaver88
    • By SassySaver88 23rd Nov 17, 8:36 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    SassySaver88
    Had our valuation and Home Buyers Report on Monday....Was sent to Lender on Tuesday just waiting for our offer now!!
    Recieved homebuyers report yesterday and draft contract and searches from solicitor.

Just need to look through all the documents now and wait for offer

Hope everyone is doing ok
    xx
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 23rd Nov 17, 10:24 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    For those that have received their mortgage offer from the lender, whats the next bit ? I got my offer on friday and it says on it that my solicitor will send me something to sign ? Havnt received anything yet though?
    Should i be calling my MA ? Im confused
    Originally posted by Frarubvio

We've just paid the retainer to our solicitor, and advised them to start work when they're in receipt of the mortgage offer (the bank send it directly to them too)

I think they then start the searches etc, we're just going to let them take the lead from this point really as we're unsure ourselves? From what I've read, they do all the searches necessary and at some point when we're happy with everything we'll get the contract to sign ready for when we exchange
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 23rd Nov 17, 1:01 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Whats the retainer ? Im sure it says natwest will pay them a 250 arrangement fee ? Does that mean i wont have to pay anything upfront to the solicitor myself ?
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 23rd Nov 17, 1:45 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Our solicitor quoted us a certain cost, and wanted £200 of it up front as a retainer / to cover the initial costs, with the rest payable upon completion
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 23rd Nov 17, 9:11 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Okay thank you. Better keep the cash i have in the bank just incase then
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

15Posts Today

4,362Users online

Martin's Twitter