Public Liability Insurance for events

Options
Hello - wondering if anyone can help.

I am organising a Christmas Market at a church. The church has indemnity insurance which covers anything that could happen during the event (someone trips over something and hurts themselves etc).

The people having stalls are mostly individuals who make goods at home and then sell them.

Do they each have to have public liability insurance? Do I / each of them need to have insurance that covers the goods that they sell once they have left the building (when purchased and taken home)? PLI seems to cost around £60 so noone will want to have a stall if they have to pay this and I will have to cancel my event.

Is there any way I can get a group cover which covers all of us selling things on the day?

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Your Church's insurance probably extends to cover this -check with them.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If these makers sell at other venues then it's likely that they already have liability insurance. I certainly had it when I was selling at craft markets and online. I suppose it depends on how these people usually sell their stuff.

Saying all that some of the people I sold alongside didn't bother with it and hopefully they were covered by the venues insurance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure