Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Hi guys

Had an In principle offer from tesco... does anyone know if they would have already done a credit check at this point as I have just been into HSBC who did a soft credit check and have said we couldn't have an offer.

I have sent all my documents off and are waiting for a response ...so nervous ...has anyone else gone through tesco?
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,689 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Finally, some actual news!

30th June - decision in principle for £215k
    9th Aug - offer accepted on house
    17th Aug - full application done through broker for £215k
    22nd Aug - broker requested extra docs
    29th Aug - building society got back to broker to say would only lend £212k
    29th Aug - 21st Sept - much to-ing and fro-ing with various amounts between £195k and £206k bandied about, during which time I (a) received a pay rise, (b) paid off my student loan and (c) got very stressed :eek:
    11th Sept - valuation received - house valued at £0 due to 'too much land'
    21st Sept - broker confirmed building society will now lend £215k :j and just needs letter from solicitor about splitting the amount of land into two parcels (or something)

Probably no closer than we were before, but having the right amount agreed feels like we've at least crossed one hurdle, and the solicitor seemed to think they could deal with the land issue relatively easily (I'm not holding my breath). Five weeks today since we put the application in and I hope we get an actual offer pretty soon...

Very glad I ignored advice and instructed the solicitor right at the start rather than waiting til we got a mortgage offer! :eek: It might all still go wrong, but at least if it doesn't, we have half a chance of being in before Christmas!
  • Trying another lender. Bit stressed. My offer to purchase was accepted over a month ago. Getting close to the move in date, but still have no mortgage.
  • Hi,

We are currently going through a Shared Ownership mortgage application with Halifax. The property is a new build and from a Housing Association.

18/8 DIP for full amount required.
    16/9 Full application submitted to Halifax by FA. Only 1 payslip for both of us required.
    21/9 Valuation has been booked for 26th. FA said she will chase after this date to see if anything else is required.

I have heard that Halifax are pretty quick. How long does it normally take to receive the mortgage offer?

Thanks
  • Time2go
    Time2go Posts: 198 Forumite
    Our buyer is getting a Halifax mortgage . Valuation was done Wednesday at 1 Halifax had report by 6pm and mortgage offer by Friday lunch
  • Great so should hopefully hear this week. Thanks!
  • Hi guys, I'm new to this! We have just found the perfect family home for us (and 2 kiddies) and have started the mortgage application. It's not been plain sailing at all as we previously had a DMP (within the last 6 years) so that's really held us back until now. Everything was going along fine, had our offer accepted on the house and got a phone call yesterday from our broker saying because we have a returned DD (not rent/utility/essential bills related) it could be a flat rejection for the mortgage application as adverse credit lenders always look through bank statements :( Currently feeling very disheartened over the whole thing. Especially seeing as our son got wind of a potential house and school move and has just got his head around it!
    Fingers crossed for you all! Such a nerve wrecking time. Waiting to hear tomorrow!!!
  • Well I'm glad to say we have received our formal mortgage offer, following on from our survey last Thursday. Natwest and our Broker have been very good up to now. All we need is for the sellers to find their property and we're ready to go, the waiting game continues.
  • back here after having to pullout of our first buy as it just needed too much doing to it after the home buyers report,so put an offer in on another property nd had it accepted just waiting on broker to hear back from lender to what we can do now
  • MrCH
    MrCH Posts: 105 Forumite
    MrCH wrote: »
    Natwest update

11/8 Offer accepted
    11/8 DIP put in
    14/8 DIP approved
    14/8 All docs sent to broker for full app
    17/8 survey fee taken out
    18/8 email received to say that a survey will be done 23/8
    22/8 valuation moved to 30/8

6th September - MORTGAGE OFFER :j:j:j

Me and the wife are absolutely made up. Been needing to get this mortgage for quite a long time but circumstances stopped us.
    Funds requested from Natwest yesterday.
    Received today before 3pm.

Hopefully getting the keys tomorrow
    :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills