PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    I want a flymeet I can go to.. seriously we should..
    I want a night out on the lash.. and getting very very drunk and talking to god, any god, but Loki sounds fun, and I like Thors biiiiiiig ... hammer...
    Piggers you are more than welcome to Loki; he's driving me nuts just lately. While you're at it, would you take Coyote and Baron Samedi as well, please? :rotfl:

Not so sure about Flymeet myself; I seriously doubt I'd ever pluck up the courage to attend.

I did manage to eliminate a Frog today; I have finally finished next years calendar, put all the year's Sabbats and Esbats and all our appointments thus far onto it and put it up behind this year's on the kitchen wall. :T And I cajoled Mr LW into throwing the Dys0n around before hitting the Mario Cart 8 on the WiiU because my shoulder is so painful I could very easily cry.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon everyone
    Mudbath wrote: »
    I'm giving up for the week but not before I send hugs to Natty. Work is always crazy before and after I go away...the joys of self employment.

I'll be back next week xx
    Hope you have a fabulous break away :D

Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge
    Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Vacuum/mop floors

Triffic Tuesday - Bathroom blitz....
    DONE

Wednesday Wipe day - kitchen dining
    Remove gibble from dining room (It's my dump - somebody else must be equally bad)
    Clean floors
    wipe sockets, switches, skirtings

Back laters - off to try to get finished before my afternoon :coffee:
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's a shame LW. There's a distinct possibility I'm going to be in your neck of the woods in late October, if you live where I think you live. I was wondering if there was any chance of a pub hello, but not to worry if you'd rather not. Speaking of which, Narco, I'm in Bournemouth on the 16th, 17th and 18th this month if you fancy a swift half somewhere. Like you, I'm there to do something so time may be too tight, but if not and you fancy it .... Looking forward to Monday's Flymeet.
    Valli wrote: »
    I got all of 'em on 7"
    They have been in the attic since 1998 - when we moved in here.
    I so want to fling stuff from up there; I can't get up there.
    Even the Vallikids have leanred to love Sweet!

Mine had been in the attic from 1993 when I moved here until I got [STRIKE]drunk [/STRIKE]merry with OH and a couple of lodgers, there was dancing going on all over the house and I gave all of them except Nut Rocker to the German lodger. Most fun bit of decluttering I've ever done. It was years before Ebay and he was a huge fan of British pop so I gave him my entire singles collection and I've never missed them or regretted it. Still love Nut Rocker and soooooo glad I didn't let that go.
    I think more Flymeets are needed . . . . . . .:D

Quite. *Coping vibes* heading your way.

Bathroom sparkly, ground floor carpets sucked, shopping done and put away. OH did a load of laundry while I was out because he needed something or other and had the foresight to check the weather forecast and there's a 24 hour window. I heart OH.
    Better is good enough.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Can't help with a purple Range Rover pigpen but we have a black landrover, we have been lucky enough to have a landrover as DHs firms car for the last several years, when dd3 announced she was getting married she said everywhere important she has ever needed to be in her life her dad has driven her in a landrover so would he do the same on her wedding day and drive her to church in it. Said landrover is being given an extra clean and polish tomorrow and will be bedecked in red ribbons so she can get her wish. We have had to tell her she will have to travel in the back as there is no way her dress will fit through a side door, not sure how elegantly she will manage to get in and out but it will all add to the fun of the day.

Nails have been done they are blue and sparkly
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Ishtar
    Ishtar Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Successfully decluttered the boy today. Hopefully, I'll see the same success with the daughter tomorrow. It'll be quiet here, that's for sure.

Been pootling about getting things done, I think it's going to take a while to undo the shedloads of junk I've got here, and also to undo the [STRIKE]lazy[/STRIKE] bad habits I seem to have picked up.

Anyway, here's what I've done:

Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Open Windows
    Plump cushions
    Empty Bins[/STRIKE]
    Remove anything which doesn't belong here
    [STRIKE]Deal with magazines/newspapers - recycle the old ones[/STRIKE]
    Attend to cut flowers and pot plants

Level 2 - Not done (yet)
    Level 3 - Not done (yet)

Uniform all labelled and pressed.

Triffic Tuesday
    Bathroom blitz....
    Level one
    [STRIKE]Open windows[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels[/STRIKE]

Level 2 - Nope, not yet
    Level 3 - Nope, not yet, except, Put out clean towels

Wednesday Wipe day - kitchen dining
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Open windows[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty bins[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear sides, wipe, wipe what lives there and replace
    rehome all worktop gibble[/STRIKE]
    Clean table - polish/wipe and chairs, too

Level 2 - Maybe tomorrow
    level 3 - Perhaps another day, except PUT ALL POTS AWAY

I had a few errands to run this morning, along with a doctors appt. Also had the girl with me, so we took time out for a coffee in town. She's almost 13 and growing up fast...I take every opportunity to spend time with her as she'll be off with her friends more and more.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Options
    LW.. you'd come meet me surely? If I promised not to bring OH or any small people to eat you, Mr Wolf could vet me first and check my references :p We could jelly together and hide behind our fake beards and newspapers and not speak!

MrsMP .. my nails are pink and sparkly. :)

Today I loaded the DW and did 2 school runs.. I really need to get my act together, I'm such a lazy blob.

I need to pick up Boogs prescription tomorrow.
    OH applied for 31 jobs today.. here's to 31 'ignores/sorry's' in response
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Himself is studiously keeping out of my way, as I met him earlier after I'd been at work, only to find he'd already had that one drink too many because I'd 'taken so long to get there' and then proceeded to have two more. Yes, because I have been at work all day.

Stomped back, having bought a dish drainer on the way in case the DW repair man pronounces death tomorrow and passed the minicab company 250yds from the house, who were advertising for daytime controllers with experience. I know he's done that job before. I also now he didn't particularly like it - but he's done it before AND it's right around the corner. I stopped in front of the sign to look at it, he stopped and looked, and then I just gave him the steeliest do-not-trifle-with-me-child look that reduces teenage boys into yes Miss, no Miss, sorry Miss in an instant.

Came home to find the kitchen like a pigsty, complete with all the remaining food from the fridge abandoned on the countertop getting warm and poisonous because he hadn't bothered putting it back into the fridge.

I still haven't spoken to him because there has been no need, especially until he completely sobers up. I wonder when he's going to try and say something?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2017 at 7:47PM
    Options
    row 36 next.. I got engrossed in a film that was supposed to be a comedy.. it made me cry.. I'm such a muppet!

uniforms to find then I can go to my nest.. I am going to start setting myself a 'go to bed' alarm.. I am going up later and later.. hospital tomorrow at 2pm.. I may need 'fixy vibes' .. I'm really worried they will say no.. but I need this and then I am moving my life forward in the direction I want..

and if anyone has any idea where the 3 tv remotes might be please speak out.. Loki is afoot LW.. he's a wee beasty!

Thursday..

[STRIKE]Hair wash.. that kills me
    Collect Boog meds
    shuffle cash,
    Hopsickle quest for justice for my hurty body parts
    DD1 having 2 smalls
    check out buses, sack that idea off and book taxi .[/STRIKE]. I know myself well... haha that is exactly what I did.. I forgot I had written it here

uniforms
    swimming kits x3
    dance bags x3 .. what do they wear for street dance? I was thinking leggings and tshirt.. that'll do right? or do they need trainers or anything?

Monday ~ dance ~ Dot
    Tuesday ~ ice skating
    Wednesday ~ ?more dance depending on how Pixie deal with the 6+ class at just turned 4 .. more dance so Squeak can go to cookery class on Monday
    Thursday ~ Rugby for Squeak until the novelty wears off
    Friday ~ nothing... yet!
    Saturday ~ Swimming

Anything else we can cram in?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi girls...finally caught up with all the news!

I'm up for a flymeet if anyone is nearish to me? Iona and I have met up before, so hopefully she'll vouch that I'm not a weirdo :D

Boys have been back at school since Monday and since then my feet haven't touched the floor as I've been rushing around trying to get things done that were forgotten/abandoned during the holidays.

Oh, and I'm hoping the granite worktop people show today...third time lucky? DH is furious, but I just want my kitchen sorted, so am keeping him away from them.

Currently on week eight without a washing machine. My friends are helping me with that, but starting to lose it with the builders, sparkies, plumbers and other tradesmen who are all starting to get up my nose...and breathe...

Looking forward to wedding news MrsMP xxx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.
    Off to first day of the new term back at job 2 in a mo. I'm not exactly jumping for joy... To put myself in the 'right' frame of mind, I have cleared the ironing pile first! I've written myself a looonnnngg listy for later, in the hope that I will get away on time and have a couple of hours this afternoon to get things done.

I think DH is on a death wish.....he managed to scatter mud on the clean living room floor yesterday, and then I watched him -yes, actually watched him! - push crumbs off the table onto the swept kitchen floor......his days may be numbered.... This is why I clean when noone is around. At least it stays that way for oh maybe 10 minutes!

Posi-fixi vibes for you, Piggers, for this afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure