What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 9th October?

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 October 2017 at 6:45PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Dentists this morning :( so walked dog early
    Such fun this week, hospital yesterday, dentist today :rotfl:
    Arc, hope you get everything sorted soon :(

Off to dentist for 10 am, then:
    Ring Campbells as I haven't had email confirmation of meat order / delivery as I usually do Done, all ok, except I don't think their email system is working properly as they resent the confirmation email and I STILL didn't receive it.
    Make pies with steak and mushrooms cooked previously. One for tonight, and will probably freeze one. Done, one frozen. Made an apple pie too, with leftover pastry and gifted apples.
    Need to harvest spinach, chard and lettuce from garden, and deal with each appropriately Picked the lettuce, washed it and put in a bag in the fridge. Looked at the spinach but it is infested with caterpillars :( so I cut it all down and put it in the composter, killing as many caterpillars as possible in the process. It will come up again as it is perpetual spinach. Decided to leave the chard for another day, but I pulled out all the rest of the carrots as they are starting to get carrot fly damage - is anyone else having an explosion of pests atm? :eek:
    Pick raspberries Not done this
    Pick carrots for dinner Done, see above
    List some more things on ebay Done, a couple of sales, too :D
    Check banks Not yet :o
    Check for surveys - still waiting for that 5p from Onepoll :rotfl::jNow done, £40 claimed :T
    Some housework - stairs and landings today I think! Not done :o
    Another dog walk later Done
    Only spend today was £1.10 parking for the dentist :)

Coffee to finish first!
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 October 2017 at 2:21PM
    Options
    Morning folks!

ARC - I'm sorry to hear that there's so much going on at the moment. We went through redundancies at my work this time last year. Even though my job wasn't on the line, it was still an awful time.

Woke up before my alarm today with a bit of a headache, but a couple of coffees kicked that bad boy into touch.

Yesterday's round up
    • Meals from plan - done
    • Log cals in free app - done
    • Prep tomorrow's tea/lunch - done
    • Gym at lunch time - done
    • Check how much this month's gym fee will be to look out for overpayment!
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Ring taxi company to book airport run - done
    • Sort some more bits out at home. Still tidying. I want to relocate some jars of marmelade - done
    • Ring mother in law to placate her after I suggested that cassette tapes that she couldn't play weren't really a sentimental memory (I am transferring the contents to CD!). She wants to keep the tapes to look at them because the CD isn't the original format?! :o
    • Crochet - realised that I'd done 3 rows in the wrong colour. Decided that I cba to frog it. then did ANOTHER row in the wrong colour! did frog that one though. - done
    • No drinkies. - done
    • See if FB buyer comes for item (not the blimmin spanner man) - nope but to be fair he might have forgotten

Today's mission:
    • Meals from plan
    • Log cals in free app
    • Prep tomorrow's meals
    • Washing on line to dry - done
    • OH to do housework (hopefully!)
    • Message facebook buyers. Sigh. Am tempted to go back to ebay...
    • Put sheets back on spare bed
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunch time - done
    • Crochet
    • No drinkies (almost 3 weeks now!)
    • Epilate legs (saves spending on razors) - done
    • Dye hair at home
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words! We went through redundancies 6 years ago now, but I had started as an apprentice 2 weeks prior and it was a strange time. At 18 I didn't really have an understanding of what the whole situation can do to you, especially when you have families to support! Hopefully I will find out today the scale of the problem - it's not looking good though and I imagine within the next couple of years the whole office will be empty, so maybe I will be best to jump a sinking ship first, take my money and run! I have a lot of experience and good qualifications so it SHOULD be fairly straight forward for me to find another job!

Anyway - I don't want to turn this into a sob story about my life! :)

So far today:

- Brought coffee to work
    - Did a wash last night so mum can hang out today
    - Relisted 2 things that didn't sell on eBay :mad:
    - Made a list of things to be sold before we move!

To do today:

- NSD
    - List some bits on eBay
    - Get in touch with the estate agents to arrange viewings
    - Check survey sites
    - Sort some bits in the spare room for selling
    - Pick up burger buns on the way home for tea (out of the food budget ;) )

That will do for today!
  • mumofthetwins
    Options
    Hi Guys

Today is mainly work but I do have a few things ..

pack and send ebay sales from last night.
    re list and sales that do not sell tonight.
    try to hunt winter quilt out of the loft :(
    dinner from plans
    see if I can pick up any ys veg for soups later in the week.
    check banks/cc
    make PAD.
    Chase the school after DS was told off infront of the class for going to the toilet even though he has a pass due to his IBS which was playing up rotten yesterday ..

I think that's about it for today but tomorrow im not in work until around 3ish so should hopefully get all the chores and more done :)

Lisa x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • uphillstruggler
    uphillstruggler Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2017 at 7:39PM
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have today off work so hoping to have a productive day around the flat.

Arc, thinking of you at this difficult time.

Probably not a no-spend day for me today as have to get OH's shoes reheeled and need a couple of essential items. Planning to use a few discounts and coupons, though.

Today I have/will:
    *[STRIKE]pay in coins at the bank[/STRIKE] done - only a few pounds but better than sat on the shelf!
    *[STRIKE]check accounts[/STRIKE] done
    *look into customising budgets in YOLT app (if that is possible; not sure yet but must look into it
    *[STRIKE]free hot drink in town[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]work on passive income project[/STRIKE] couple of hours done; couple of hours to go
    *[STRIKE]list an item on FB marketplace[/STRIKE] done and buyer hopefully coming tonight to pick up
    *[STRIKE]meals from stores[/STRIKE] fish out to defrost for tonight; breakfast and lunch from stores
    *[STRIKE]free exercise - OH going to his rather pricey fitness classes :eek: tonight so I will take the opportunity while he's out to go for a run[/STRIKE] run in the local park - brought the OH as well and was nice to have a run together
    *relax - job is quite stressful and I'm not good at truly relaxing. Plan to use a free relaxation app I found.

Have a super day, everyone,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • BearPearSun
    Options
    Thankyou for the warm welcome everyone.

Determined new ms - believe it or not the daily reminders are at his request! I will check in a few days that he still wants them so he doesn't feel that I'm getting too naggy!

Today:
    》Leftovers for lunch, meal from plan for dinner (lentil curry stew)
    》Be conscious with electric/gas
    》Walk or use travel pass to an appointment later
    》List 5 items to sell
    》Try to get a wash dried without turning the heating on - does anyone have any tips for this?!
    32 year old woman with a husband and 3 cats...

November 2017: -£26423
  • mumofthetwins
    Options

》Try to get a wash dried without turning the heating on - does anyone have any tips for this?!

I would love to hear these also .. I normally use an airer but it seems to be taking longer now the weather has changed ... I was thinking of using an extra spin on the WM ?

Lisa x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    arc2014 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your kind words! We went through redundancies 6 years ago now, but I had started as an apprentice 2 weeks prior and it was a strange time. At 18 I didn't really have an understanding of what the whole situation can do to you, especially when you have families to support! Hopefully I will find out today the scale of the problem - it's not looking good though and I imagine within the next couple of years the whole office will be empty, so maybe I will be best to jump a sinking ship first, take my money and run! I have a lot of experience and good qualifications so it SHOULD be fairly straight forward for me to find another job!

Anyway - I don't want to turn this into a sob story about my life! :)

So far today:

- Brought coffee to work
    - Did a wash last night so mum can hang out today
    - Relisted 2 things that didn't sell on eBay :mad:
    - Made a list of things to be sold before we move!

To do today:

- NSD - Done!
    - List some bits on eBay
    - Get in touch with the estate agents to arrange viewings - Done! (Well half done - we have a viewing tomorrow afternoon!)
    - Check survey sites - Done!
    - Sort some bits in the spare room for selling
    - Pick up burger buns on the way home for tea (out of the food budget ;) ) - Done!

That will do for today!

I'm on my way home now as I have a silly headache & I need my own comforts. We've been told there's definitely redundancies but not been told who will be at risk. Initial consultation will be published on Monday so hopefully will know then. This is a horrible feeling! :(
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I would love to hear these also .. I normally use an airer but it seems to be taking longer now the weather has changed ... I was thinking of using an extra spin on the WM ?

Lisa x

I put heavy things through on an extra spin and pop the airer up next to the dehumidifier. I know that foxgloves swears by her Lakeland heater airer.

HTH
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    I have a lakeland dryer and it is good. Got it initially when we lived in a flat so had nowhere to dry washing. A lot of stuff will dry over night if you put a sheet over the whole thing. It also heats up the kitchen enough for me to have a coffee in the morning, before the cold really hits that is!

We paid £80 for it and have had it for 6 years now - what works out at 4p a day and of course that's an ever lowering figure :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills