Baxi Duotec Combi 24HE Error Code E133

Comments

• ma9gm
    ma9gm Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Also, the problem got much worse this morning. I had to reset it about 10 times and still wouldn't ignite. On the 11th time I loosened the inner door panel and it sucked in a gust of air and ignited straight away. I literally turned one of the screws round twice and the door moved a bit and sucked in a load of air which got it working fine. This might not actually help, but thought I would mention it!
  • G-McDog
    G-McDog Posts: 48 Forumite
    What electrode is this more likely to be related to? Sensor electrode or ignition electrode?
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    so what has your breakdown engineer diagnosed ?
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • ma9gm
    so what has your breakdown engineer diagnosed ?

Hi they didn't know. They first suggested changing both electrodes. Which they did and cost me £100. But that didn't fix it. He suggested I went for a fixed fee fix with Baxi as it could eventually get expensive. But that's £370. So wanted to see if people had any ideas on here before I went down that route!!

I'm currently investigating a faulty earthing thing. Maybe a earthing fault is causing it. Anyone have any ideas how I test for this?
  • Alex1983
    Alex1983 Posts: 958 Forumite
    Faulty earth could cause it, the boiler ignition works by rectification and needs a decent earth. I use a earth loop tester that tests the earth from the boiler back to the main earth.
    I still think it could be the gas vavle sticking but without fault finding on it I couldn't say with any confidence.
    I'd be worried that you man couldn't diagnose your problem, intermittent faults can be tricky but he should be able to fix it.
  • G-McDog
    G-McDog Posts: 48 Forumite
    Alex1983 wrote: »
    Faulty earth could cause it, the boiler ignition works by rectification and needs a decent earth. I use a earth loop tester that tests the earth from the boiler back to the main earth.
    I still think it could be the gas vavle sticking but without fault finding on it I couldn't say with any confidence.
    I'd be worried that you man couldn't diagnose your problem, intermittent faults can be tricky but he should be able to fix it.

I did some earthing checks and it all looks fine. Time to give up and do the fixed fee fix option. I'll keep you updated on what it ends up being.
  • Alex1983
    The one last thing you could try, very unlikely to fix it but it will not cost you anything. Ask the local gas company to replace the meter governer as you had a gas engineer look at your boiler for a intermittent fault and he thinks it's the governor.
  • Alex1983
    They can stick, usually on older ones
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    & especially in the morning
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • ma9gm
    & especially in the morning

Sounds like a good plan. I called NPower, and they are being really slow about it. They needed to call someone, who then needed to call someone else. They are going to ring me back at some point today or Monday to book it in!! I'll keep you updated on what's happening! We've not had the error for the last couple of days. Might be because it's been a lot warmer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure