PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm just about to have Cocoa Shreddies for my late lunch - I'm spending hours on t'interweb trying to research mini ovens and I've lost the will to cook anything :o.
    :hello:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    ...I'm spending hours on t'interweb trying to research mini ovens and I've lost the will to cook anything :o.

I did that .... hours ... days .... hours .... weeks ....

Then I just bought one in Lidl as they had them for sale that week and I was bored of "research" :)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,190 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Love radio in kitchen, mine is battery job, tuned to radio 4 so no singing along, just me swearing at some of the [STRIKE]plonkers[/STRIKE] experts as they waffle on, I have to turn it off sometimes due to extreme stupidity puking from it

Tonight I have gone very domestic, home made celery & potato soup, very thick and plopped couple of large spoonfuls of cream cheese in it, quick blitz with my hand held stick thingy and job done. Now cooked and maturing until evening, perhaps with a bap

Lunch was part baked baguette, with cheese salad innards

Feeling very healthy mealtimes today, and not a pie in site :cool:
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Farway wrote: »
    Love radio in kitchen, mine is battery job, tuned to radio 4 so no singing along, just me swearing at some of the [STRIKE]plonkers[/STRIKE] experts as they waffle on, I have to turn it off sometimes due to extreme stupidity puking from it

Tonight I have gone very domestic, home made celery & potato soup, very thick and plopped couple of large spoonfuls of cream cheese in it, quick blitz with my hand held stick thingy and job done. Now cooked and maturing until evening, perhaps with a bap

Lunch was part baked baguette, with cheese salad innards

Feeling very healthy mealtimes today, and not a pie in site :cool:

I love a good row with the radio too :) I have recently found LBC which is just solid debate and phone in so plenty of opportunities for a shout at the radio particularly when Nigel Farage is hosting :eek:

That soup sounds gorgeous and very healthy :T
  • PasturesNew
    edited 15 February 2017 at 5:07PM
    I just knocked up a quick peach crumble and custard.... it's resting at the moment, but I'll tuck into it shortly.

EDIT: Ate some of that, but got another portion loitering now.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nelski wrote: »

Decided on a homemade cheese burger and coleslaw for dinner ..now whether to do some wedges as well

:eek: Spooky :eek:

I actually made an executive decision about dinner this morning as I have 3 burgers which have been in the freezer for ever!! :p

They are all in the same pack so got them all out to defrost during the day and had already decided to have them with HM coleslaw.

As they are now defrosted I can't change my mind even if I don't 'fancy' them later. :p

I have no burger buns, potatoes or oven chips so am thinking of making some flatbreads and shoving a burger and some coleslaw in one folded in half!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    karcher wrote: »
    I have 3 burgers
    That's three days' meals in my house!
    You can eat three?
    Blimey :)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    That's three days' meals in my house!
    You can eat three?
    Blimey :)

I could if I was [STRIKE]being greedy[/STRIKE] really hungry. :cool:

I probably won't eat them all. I'll cook them all though and have what I don't eat [STRIKE]for breakfast[/STRIKE] tomorrow :D..chances are I'll just have one on it's own and one in a flatbread, they are only small :o.

Does that make me a greedy lard A*se! :rotfl:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    :eek: Spooky :eek:

I actually made an executive decision about dinner this morning as I have 3 burgers which have been in the freezer for ever!! :p

They are all in the same pack so got them all out to defrost during the day and had already decided to have them with HM coleslaw.

As they are now defrosted I can't change my mind even if I don't 'fancy' them later. :p

I have no burger buns, potatoes or oven chips so am thinking of making some flatbreads and shoving a burger and some coleslaw in one folded in half!

An excellent choice if I may say so :rotfl:
  • PasturesNew
    Does that make me a greedy lard A*se! :rotfl:

No.... but to pre-arrange to cook/pile up three on a plate, with flatbreads and coleslaw, without a thought you might have some tomorrow .... is a bit piggy wiggy. :)

I've just eaten crumble/custard. OMG I wish I hadn't .... too much. I'd had a jacket spud/cheese earlier and just made this crumble on a whim, then ate half - and now I am sooooo stuffed I feel ill.

Right now I don't think I can face eating again for another week.

The crumble had half a can of peaches, 30 grams of crumble topping and 1/3rd of a packet of custard mix.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure