V12 Finance

PROLIANT
PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Hello people, just a quick thread re V12 Finance.
I have two accounts with V12 and learned that they only search CallCredit and only report account conduct to CallCredit, so if you have a clean file with callCredit and you need to buy something on credit, then you might be in luck.
APR for std credit is 19% .
Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    Hello people, just a quick thread re V12 Finance.
    I have two accounts with V12 and learned that they only search CallCredit and only report account conduct to CallCredit, so if you have a clean file with callCredit and you need to buy something on credit, then you might be in luck.
    APR for std credit is 19% .

Can you name a few larger stores (electrical) that use V12 please mate, like do sony centre? Interesting to know that actually, being my CC credit report is actually empty! I could test the water so to speak :rotfl:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ok, I will start the list here, any addidtions welcome;

1. Laptops Direct.

2. Martyn Lynch & Sons (CB/HAM Radio and Shortwave radio etc).

3. Buy it Direct (Everything Consumer Electronics).

4. BE Direct (Similar to the above).
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • kilasuit
    kilasuit Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    aria.net
    scan.co.uk
    both are computer components sellers that also sell laptops
  • just been declined from an application using V12. And it told me they searched Experian.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    just been declined from an application using V12. And it told me they searched Experian.
    They must be using Hitachi for the finance instead of Clode Retail.
  • js78
    js78 Posts: 153 Forumite
    I rang them up v12 the girl told me they search callcredit which would mean only one search for my cashplus in a year, I went through laptopsdirect got to cart finance options etc.

Now then it redirected me to the v12 site went through all my details AGAIN only to be declined now either they arent using callcredit or there accept score is sky high? as everything is on time and most accounts have small balance with less than £1k debt to my 50k salary.

Anyone else had problems with this v12?
    JS Name: Freemans £94/£200, Jacamo £941/£1400, Santander account £0/£0 Limit, 3 network 18mthx£20, Vanquis £233/£250, Vodafone 24mthx£35, Great Universal £500/£600, Littlewoods £500/£600, Marshall Ward £250/£300, Halifax Reward £93/£100 o/d, Studio £44/£250, Flybe £1450/£1500, Accessory £450/£520.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    js78 wrote: »
    I rang them up v12 the girl told me they search callcredit which would mean only one search for my cashplus in a year, I went through laptopsdirect got to cart finance options etc.

Now then it redirected me to the v12 site went through all my details AGAIN only to be declined now either they arent using callcredit or there accept score is sky high? as everything is on time and most accounts have small balance with less than £1k debt to my 50k salary.

Never had a problem with an application, try ringing them up in Cardiff (Clode Retail) and ask to speak to somebody and they will give you a reason.
  • Cash_Flow
    Cash_Flow Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2010 at 4:56PM
    js78 wrote: »

So Basically by your credit file they can assume that you will clear the finance before the interest free period is up and they will make no money from you.

.......... Declined:eek:
    Ps I see your salary has more than doubled since oct 2009 well done

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2015163&highlight=
  • js78
    Cash_Flow wrote: »
    So Basically by your credit file they can assume that you will clear the finance before the interest free period is up and they will make no money from you.

.......... Declined:eek:
    Ps I see your salary has more than doubled since oct 2009 well done

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2015163&highlight=

Yes I changed jobs in January to a client analyst role in central london life is good I have cleared all my debts.

I had an email from them stating the following

We regret to inform you that on this occasion we are unable to offer you financing on your intended purchases.

Your application was given full consideration through our credit checking system. This system takes into account information provided directly by you, on your completed application form, fraud prevention databases and a credit reference agency may also have been contacted.

As your application may have been declined due to information from a credit reference agency, in accordance with section 26 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we are required to notify you that the Agency consulted on your applications was Callcredit Ltd. More information about the services available from Callcredit can be found on their web site at https://www.callcreditcheck.co.uk.

The fraud prevention database consulted was provided by CIFAS. More information on how to contact CIFAS can be found on their web site at www.cifas.org.uk
    JS Name: Freemans £94/£200, Jacamo £941/£1400, Santander account £0/£0 Limit, 3 network 18mthx£20, Vanquis £233/£250, Vodafone 24mthx£35, Great Universal £500/£600, Littlewoods £500/£600, Marshall Ward £250/£300, Halifax Reward £93/£100 o/d, Studio £44/£250, Flybe £1450/£1500, Accessory £450/£520.
  • js78
    I subscribe to checkmyfile & my report for callcredit there is no credit searches(shock) and only 1 audit footprint my score for them was 797 without this application.

I am on the voters 7 accounts open, but 6 have a zero balance and the vanquis one shows £232 outstanding, but it has been paid off in full as it always is every single month by direct debit, but only has a limit of £250 so 93% doesn't go in my favour.

I have min £2500 in my current account since sept 09 with £3200 net going in by bacs, but I guess v12 didn't take this into account.

I rang them to find out what they are thinking declining me!, they said no negative info just score too low? i just bought it with my debit card anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure